Question About Stiff Hair After Minoxidil Use

DevilAngel

Reaction score
I have started using Minoxidil however even though I make sure it only reaches my scalp, my hair becomes super hard and stiff.

This becomes a problem at night when trying to sleep as it can tug and crunch against the pillow.

Anyone know how to avoid those? Perhaps using some products like hair moisturisers/creams/hair oils or something?

Flagyldi

Reaction score
Your sides are normal. If they bother you, use a little less, as excess can cause it to build up in your hair. Rinsing it with hot water and a little soap in the morning and laying on a cheap pillow case does the trick too.

DevilAngel

Reaction score
Your sides are normal. If they bother you, use a little less, as excess can cause it to build up in your hair. Rinsing it with hot water and a little soap in the morning and laying on a cheap pillow case does the trick too.

Thanks for the reply,

I honestly use very little only in the places needed but it will still make the hair look like ive used a tub of gel on the hair >.>

Was just wondering if anyone had any remedies as to how to get the hair looking normal or somewhat normal as it looks really bad during the day!

Back_2_Basics

Reaction score
It is what it is, man. You kinda have to let it dry for half an hour and then mess it up with your hands or a soft brush to eliminate the stiff look

bald eagle

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply,

I honestly use very little only in the places needed but it will still make the hair look like ive used a tub of gel on the hair >.>

Was just wondering if anyone had any remedies as to how to get the hair looking normal or somewhat normal as it looks really bad during the day!

sounds like you're using liquid minoxidil

personally i use the foam in the morning. since it drys very quickly and doesn't leave your hair wet/greasy looking

then use the liquid at night