Question about shedding

cgood

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have never written a post before so I thought I might try it out. I am a 21 year old senior at the University of Florida and I just started Propecia about a month and a half ago. I have a lot of hair and probably am a slight NW2, my main problem is my hairline. When I first started taking Propecia, I noticed my hair fallout decreased pretty dramatically, but recently it has come back again. I find that I get the most fallout when I am sleeping. There are usually about 15-20 hairs on my pillow when I wake up, usually thick, terminal hairs, but at times thinner, less pigmented hairs. When I received my prescription, I actually got it from a world renown hair transplant surgeon. When I inquired to him about shedding he told me that it is a complete falsehood and not even something to think about. Do you guys think that I am in the beginning of shedding, or am I just putting too much thought into it? Thank you in advance for your opinions and thoughts.

Uni Student

Established Member
Reaction score
If that is all your losing on your pillow and nothing noticable elsewhere like when your combing your hair,I wouldn't call that a shed.

jeffsss

Reaction score
The only way your going to shed is if your using rogaine.

there is no such thing as a shed on propecia. what your experiencing is old fashion hair loss.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:

there is no such thing as a shed on propecia. what your experiencing is old fashion hair loss.

actually there is such a thing as a shed on propecia. just do a quick search of this site.

take pictures now and evaluate them in a few months. dont judge by the amount of hair that falls out on a daily basis.

jeffsss

Reaction score
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:

actually there is such a thing as a shed on propecia. just do a quick search of this site.

take pictures now and evaluate them in a few months. dont judge by the amount of hair that falls out on a daily basis.

nope. sorry. no such thing as shedding on propecia.

show me one study that propecia induces sheds and i'll never speak abou tit again.

I've asked 2 derms... 1 hair transplant Doctor.. all say there isnt such a thing.. i've also looked on google.com and the only places you find them is on hair forums.. never on any FDA proven websites etc....

believe waht you want tho.. i dont really care to argue..

cgood

Reaction score
thanks for your replies guys, the reason why I was confused is because although my doctor told me shedding is a myth on propecia, the product review page for propecia on this website actually says that it happens. Not sure what to think.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:

show me one study that propecia induces sheds and i'll never speak abou tit again.

I've asked 2 derms... 1 hair transplant Doctor.. all say there isnt such a thing.. i've also looked on google.com and the only places you find them is on hair forums.. never on any FDA proven websites etc....

then why have started threads and made dozens of posts complaining about how much hair you are losing?

and for someone who spends as much time on this site as you do, you really aren't well informed about the products you're taking. check the section about shedding:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productrevi ... /index.htm

jeffsss

Reaction score
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:

then why have started threads and made dozens of posts complaining about how much hair you are losing?

and for someone who spends as much time on this site as you do, you really aren't well informed about the products you're taking. check the section about shedding:

I'm complaining because I know that hair you lose isnt coming back.
I don't care what this forum says.. it's a forum, not an actual study.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:

I'm complaining because I know that hair you lose isnt coming back.
I don't care what this forum says.. it's a forum, not an actual study.

Well Jeffsss, once again, you are wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Wrong enough to lure me back to tell you how so very, very wrong you are.

How could you even tell?! You've been on Propecia for 6 months. You're not even losing hair. You have a full head of hair, and you're bitching like someone's cut your nuggets off.

And I really feel sorry for your 'fiancee'. Way to patch up your emotional problems with a temporary solution. Now you're going to drag her into your downward spiral. She doesn't deserve that.

Anyway, I'm not back on the forum full time. I'll be posting again in about 2 months with pictures of how well my treatments have worked for me.

Just thought I'd take a quick moment to tell my old buddy Jeffsss how wrong he is.

Take Propecia, guys! You may shed, but the hair comes back in due time. I promise you this using my own personal experience with the drug and shedding in general.

P.S. Did I mention how wrong Jeffsss is...?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:

How could you even tell?! You've been on Propecia for 6 months. You're not even losing hair. You have a full head of hair, and you're bitching like someone's cut your nuggets off.

And I really feel sorry for your 'fiancee'. Way to patch up your emotional problems with a temporary solution. Now you're going to drag her into your downward spiral. She doesn't deserve that.

Anyway, I'm not back on the forum full time. I'll be posting again in about 2 months with pictures of how well my treatments have worked for me.

Just thought I'd take a quick moment to tell my old buddy Jeffsss how wrong he is.

Take Propecia, guys! You may shed, but the hair comes back in due time. I promise you this using my own personal experience with the drug and shedding in general.

P.S. Did I mention how wrong Jeffsss is...?[/quote:e0f67]

your right freestyle. I'm dragging my 5 year long relationship girlfirend into a downward spiral with me..
f*** you you coward. you think you have hairloss figured out and your far from right.
I do NOT have a full head of hair you *** clown, it's diffuse thinning all over.
wow, 1 person (freestyles) personal experience shall revolutinize how we look at "shedding" which coincidentally was never mentioned anywehere and i mean ANYWHERE aside from forums..

show me a document that proves i'm wrong and i'll never say propecia doenst induce sheds.

there is a reason why you dont see experienced posters talking about this subject.. BECAUSE IT"S BS!!!!

good luck you coward f***.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
You forgot to sign off with your trademark, little girl: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

See you in 2 months people!

cgood

Reaction score
and by they way..... no offense jeffsss but I've been reading some posts you have and to be honest they kind of weirded me out.... so if you wouldnt mind could you try to be objective about this subject if you feel the need to post again, thanks.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
cgood said:
and by they way..... no offense jeffsss but I've been reading some posts you have and to be honest they kind of weirded me out.... so if you wouldnt mind could you try to be objective about this subject if you feel the need to post again, thanks.

lol.....exactly! i dont know if i would be relying on jeffsss' advice. nothing against him personally but you can see why freestyle got fed up and left this site.

jeffsss

Reaction score
I dont give a sh*t what you guys belive..

try looking for medical reports on shedding from propecia and see how many you come up with.

oh yea.. forum hogwash doesnt count.

i'm done with this thread till someone posts a link to proof that shedidng on propecia is real..

jeffsss

Reaction score
kosmo said:
cgood said:

lol.....exactly! i dont know if i would be relying on jeffsss' advice. nothing against him personally but you can see why freestyle got fed up and left this site.

okay... he thinks hes right.. and i think i'm right.. that's what he was fed up about..

since he got proved wrong by not coming up with any proof.. and he resorted to childish remarks and negativity.. he left.. the mods were fed up with him.

cgood

Reaction score
listen jeffsss im not saying you arent right and it is not right to attack someone personally on this site, I didnt post a question to argue with people I just wanted advice because I have been getting mixed information. Lets keep it classy

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Freestyle said:
jeffsss said:
kosmo said:
jeffsss said:

P.S. Did I mention how wrong Jeffsss is...?[/quote:a31bf]

your right freestyle. I'm dragging my 5 year long relationship girlfirend into a downward spiral with me..
f*** you you coward. you think you have hairloss figured out and your far from right.
I do NOT have a full head of hair you *** clown, it's diffuse thinning all over.
wow, 1 person (freestyles) personal experience shall revolutinize how we look at "shedding" which coincidentally was never mentioned anywehere and i mean ANYWHERE aside from forums..

show me a document that proves i'm wrong and i'll never say propecia doenst induce sheds.

there is a reason why you dont see experienced posters talking about this subject.. BECAUSE IT"S BS!!!!

good luck you coward f***.[/quote:a31bf]

If you search the forum a bit, you'll see that Freestyle is not the only one to mention sheds. Shedding hair that a few months down the line comes back in stronger and healthier. It's all over the place in threads. I can back these claims by my own experiences as well.

Out of the 9 mos. on my regime, every time but hair gains slide a little, I don't worry, because I have noticed a few months later, my hair gets replaced and then gain more hair. The hair follicle expands GRADUALLY, meaning that you will lose some hair as the weaker hair is no longer held in place by the expanding and deepening follicle.

powersam

Reaction score
cgood i hope you got an answer to your question. shedding didnt show up in any of the actual trials, jeffss is right on that point.

however there are simply too many cases of people seeing increased shedding after starting propecia for it to be coincidence. and it's been said already, the hair usually grows back stronger. good luck

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you look at the OFFICIAL Merck 5yrs study you'll find them mentioning synchronized telogen sheds with Finasteride use as a possibility. I dont have the study anymore but I'm sure someone does... Or you can go through my 500 post history and find it... It is there somewhere :)