Question about shedding with Finasteride

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for spam, I'm just on edge right now and can't deal with this at 21, it's f*cking killing me inside. How is it possible someones hair can be worse on Finasteride without actually shedding? I'm 7 months in, my hair has gone to sh*t, if it was shedding I'd be happy and understand this is normal.

But I get 0 hairs when washing, pulling, running hands through hair, yet half of my density has dropped and I'm close to needing a transplant in the course of a year.

I don't wanna switch to Duta because apparently if you're more sensitive to t it'll actually make it worse.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for spam, I'm just on edge right now and can't deal with this at 21, it's f*cking killing me inside. How is it possible someones hair can be worse on Finasteride without actually shedding? I'm 7 months in, my hair has gone to sh*t, if it was shedding I'd be happy and understand this is normal.

But I get 0 hairs when washing, pulling, running hands through hair, yet half of my density has dropped and I'm close to needing a transplant in the course of a year.

I don't wanna switch to Duta because apparently if you're more sensitive to t it'll actually make it worse.
I was on dutasteride for 1.5 years hair thinned out fast despite barely losing hairs. I have realised the less hair you shed the worse the treatment works. Because your hair isnt growing so it wont shed as much. But if hair sheds it means your hair is growing.

Jacoby77

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on dutasteride for 1.5 years hair thinned out fast despite barely losing hairs. I have realised the less hair you shed the worse the treatment works. Because your hair isnt growing so it wont shed as much. But if hair sheds it means your hair is growing.
Well, I do get hair on my comb. Maybe that's considered shedding. I lose hairs when combing. Quite a fair bit. But I do brush it heaps. I suppose all the hair is going on my comb.