Question about Rogaine

Kim889

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Sorry for my bad english.

I'm losing hair on the front (temple), I think I'm Norwood 2.
My crown is not touched but I'm afraid it will, according to the Norwood evolution.
So I wonder if I must apply Rogaine also in the crown to prevent hairloss in this area ? is this bad ?

I'm using Rogaine 2%.

Thank you in advance.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
The real question is, are you on Finasteride? If not and suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, you will continue to bald even being on Rogaine. Get on Finasteride ASAP if you haven't yet and you're balding.

Kim889

Reaction score
I'm not on Finasteride and I don't want to because of the side effect.
I thought Rogaine help to stop the balding.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not on Finasteride and I don't want to because of the side effect.
I thought Rogaine help to stop the balding.

Getting side effects from Finasteride is unlikely and happens in about 2% of cases, it won't hurt to at least try the treatment. I take Dutasteride, which is basically a stronger version of Finasteride, and I've had no side effects.

Rogaine will help maintain hair and slow balding; however, DHT will still continue to destroy hair if the androgen is not inhibited.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sorry but you cannot state that it won't hurt if he tries it. If his endocrine system is for at the moment not known reasons set to crash after taking Finasteride it can crash from taking it even for a few days. And that will definitely hurt in so many ways. It's a gamble. Nor there was a study conducted to see how many people got Post Finasteride syndrome so you cannot state the percentages of people who got it.

So by stating that it won't hurt to at least try and that happens in about 2% of cases you're misinforming him.

That's not true. There have been studies done or the drug wouldn't even be on the marketplace right now.

http://www.rxlist.com/propecia-drug/side-effects-interactions.htm

1.8% reported descreased libido vs 1.3% with placebo (0.5% difference).
1.3% reported erectile dysfunction vs 0.7% with placebo (0.6% difference).

This study was done at a dosage of 1mg with a sample size of 1,879 (which is enough to get a fairly accurate read on the safety profile).

So Agustin was actually overstating his odds of getting side effects.

If anyone is guilty of misinforming, it's the people who make it out like finasteride side effects are even close to being common. Hint: they're not.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not true. There have been studies done or the drug wouldn't even be on the marketplace right now.

http://www.rxlist.com/propecia-drug/side-effects-interactions.htm

1.8% reported descreased libido vs 1.3% with placebo (0.5% difference).
1.3% reported erectile dysfunction vs 0.7% with placebo (0.6% difference).

This study was done at a dosage of 1mg with a sample size of 1,879 (which is enough to get a fairly accurate read on the safety profile).

So Agustin was actually overstating his odds of getting side effects.

If anyone is guilty of misinforming, it's the people who make it out like finasteride side effects are even close to being common. Hint: they're not.

Thank you for this corrective post recedingyt.

It is absolutely true that if anyone is guilty of misinforming, it's the people who make it out like Finasteride side effects are even close to being common. They're also the same people who scare men away who may actually benefit greatly from it.

Again, thank you. :salut:

Kim889

Reaction score
Back to my question, should I put Rogaine on my vertex to prevent hair loss? Knowing I'm losing hair only in front of the head.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back to my question, should I put Rogaine on my vertex to prevent hair loss? Knowing I'm losing hair only in front of the head.

Rogaine will work at the front of the head. Apply the treatment to all areas where you're balding. It does say by the manufacturer that it may not work for a receding hairline or frontal baldness, but that's because the clinical trials were done on the vertex only, so they can only legally claim that it works for that specific area of the scalp. Minoxidil (Rogaine) will help treat frontal thinning and has been proven to do so.