Question about Proscar/finasteride - Please take a moment to read

Adz

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im a 22yr old male with mainly a hairline issue, particularly on the RIGHT side. The left is near intact. It is however starting to move back.

Iv been using a hairmax laser comb for around a year & have just started on Rogaine this past month.

I want to try Proscar, where you cut it into quarters & take a quarter a day. Im just worried about any potential side effects later down the track. Because im only 22, I worry that I will cause some form irreversible issue from early use.

I can see that there are a fair few of you around my age using it, so im only to assume that it cant be all that bad or we wouldn’t obtain the prescription.

I also want to hear from anyone with a similar condition to mine, where your primarily losing hair on one side of your hair line & if Proscar/Finastride worked for you. Also if anyone has had success growing back their hairline with Proscar/Finastride id love to hear.

Thanks for all your support/comments.

Ps - Im blond with a lot of hair, its just starting to thin out on top now. Its been going on that same right side since I was about 18

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hiya mate.

im on finasteride now, started 1 week ago today. i am 20 years old.

i have diffuse thinning all over the top and back tho, so bit different to you.

but if u start it now maybe u wont thin out anymore on top and maybe itl help the front of your hair. its abit touch and go i hear with the hairline, not as many studies have been done etc in that area, its very possible it will help.

Adz

Reaction score
Hi mate, yeh I hear that all the studies where focused on the vertex.

Im just curious to see if anyone has had any luck with their hair line on finasteride or Proscar.

Also, is there a way to obtain finasteride in Australia???

RSG

Reaction score
For all the aussies, best place to get it is chemist warehouse...$58 for one month (1mg propecia)