Question about minoxidil

Yuber

Reaction score
Hello.

I’m 24 years old with temples problem only. 1 year ago I lost some hair on the temples, and then the hairloss stopped. The loss happened in about 2 months. Because my hair still looks fine, and because the hairloss stopped I’m not going to add finasteride. I was thinking about using Rogaine and some other products for the regrow. But I don’t know that much about regrowing hair so I have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could answer.

The regimen I was thinking about is:
Rogaine foam
Tricomin therapy spray
Nizoral 1%
MSM 1500mg
Maxi hair vitamins

Started taking these 3 some weeks ago, just for healt.
C-vitamins 1000mg
Omega-3
Multivitamins

I was wondering. Does the Rogaine foam works local? So that if I apply it at the temples it does only work at the temples. I’m curious because I read that some people gets a shed due to minoxidil use. I wont shed at the crown when I apply it at the temples?

I know that each hair has a cycle. For each cycle it regrows a little weaker. I’ve heard that the shed minoxidil causes is because it speed up the cycle. And that the hair you are loosing was already on it’s way out. But will all the hair lost because of minoxidil use, and regrown by minoxidil be dependent on minoxidil to continue to live? Or is only the hair that was “dead†in the beginning dependent on the minoxidil?

Is Rogaine foam available in 2% minoxidil?

Can Tricomin alone regrow hair?

Thank you for your time

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
Only new hair grown by minoxidil will be dependent on minoxidil. If a non-dependent hair falls out due to a shed, it will grow back.

If you halt the use of minoxidil, the hair grown from it will fall and your male pattern baldness will regress to it's previous state.

Rogaine Foam is currently not available in 2%.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering something similiar, is it best to only apply minoxidil on the area of the scalp that you appear to have lost hair, or all over? The back seems alright, so is there any point applying minoxidil there?

Sean68

Reaction score
if anyone has regrown hair using tricomin id love to see the pictures.
its more of a scalp health thing but i found it to be overpriced sticky blue gunk to be honest. i know a lot of people like it but it wasnt for me.

from what i understand minoxidil does spread out under the scalp to a degree
but id doubt that what you spray on your temples has any effect on the crown. just try and be reasonably accurate with it and get it 'under' your hair as much as you can. assuming you still have some obviously.