Question About Manual Therapies And Anti Inflammatories

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

So I do a manual therapy involving brush massage where I push down pretty vigorously and move the base of my scalp around 20 seconds at a time on all parts of my scalp for about 10 min 3 x a day.

As for manual therapies in general, the goal is to break calcification, promote blood flow, and stimulate , through micro inflammation, the release of growth factors.

My question: Does anyone think natural anti inflammatories (I.e. ginger, curcumin, etc etc) would interfere with this initial micro inflammation?

More directly, do natural anti inflammatories inhibit the healthy beginning inflammatory growth signal recruiting phase of wound healing recovery?

Thank in advance!

Mook

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no biologist, but I would think no. That's almost like saying a cut wouldn't heal if you were taking anti inflammatories.

sizzlinghairs

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I thought about that. Thing is I read a study on one natural anti inflammatory, pycnogenol, on wound healing. It showed during day one the inflammatory response signals were lowered, compared to a wound without pycnogenol applied, after initiating the wound. But overall after 7 days it increased wound healing. (Wound healing started getting faster around day 3 compared to control group)

My worry is that I am doing manuals daily , which the thought process being that part of the reason they work is creating micro inflammation to trigger growth signals, and that since it is daily it would keep resetting itself similar to day one in the pycnogenol study. It’s not like I’m doing manuals once a week. But it may be apples and oranges because there is no actual wound created just vigorous moving of the scalp with a bamboo bristle brush.

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are machines you can buy to massage the scalp, it’s more efficient. Just make sure you don’t overdo it. I’m a norwood5 diffuse case and I also do massage + microneedling eod. I can tell you that all my hair follicles are alive and few millimeters long but white and thin this invisible. It’s like I am an invisible Norwood 1. It does help, but it just won’t lead to full regrowth which means something else is missing. A friend of mine regrew tons with this method but added spironolactone topically.

Logic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cayenne pepper and coconut oil mix. Let it sit for 1 to 2 weeks first.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are machines you can buy to massage the scalp, it’s more efficient. Just make sure you don’t overdo it. I’m a norwood5 diffuse case and I also do massage + microneedling eod. I can tell you that all my hair follicles are alive and few millimeters long but white and thin this invisible. It’s like I am an invisible Norwood 1. It does help, but it just won’t lead to full regrowth which means something else is missing. A friend of mine regrew tons with this method but added spironolactone topically.

Which scalp massaging device do you use and where did you purchase from?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, will look into it. Does it help with decrease in shedding?

I’m way past the shedding phase haha. But as far as other people go, they all confirm complete halt of shedding but you have to be consistent with it.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m way past the shedding phase haha. But as far as other people go, they all confirm complete halt of shedding but you have to be consistent with it.

If it was that easy there would be no baldies.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do some of you guys use topical curcumin for inflammation or its only orally ?

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting thread I like this. I’ve been doing the massages for a couple of months now. It definitely helps but at a stage we’re im slacking if a bit and for not as long and hard! So you use the massage machine?

I was thinking a vitamin that would help with calcification and fibrosis would work well?

Logic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Helps with inflammation. Helps restart hair follicles. Also blocks cannibinoids. Cannibinoids from smoking weed is shown to cause hairloss.
Magnesium Oil is also amazing for reducing inflammation and calcification.