question about hairloss treatments

bigcrazy34

Reaction score
I have recently shaved my head stone cold style and was wondering since i do not have hair anymore would these topical solutions still work??? I defintely want to try to grow my hair back but since i am only 22 years old and am in college is very embarassing when all of my friends have full heads of hair... if anyone knows i would love to hear back.... thanks alot for you help.... CH

misterium

Reaction score
Yup.

You're treating the follicles, not the hair that you shaved off.

Get on Propecia, 1mg daily. If you experience side effects, depending on the severity, try and see them through.. otherwise you can stop taking Propecia and you will be fine again. :)

Get minoxidil, depending on the stage of hairloss.. otherwise you will want to use Propecia for a year first, to judge if it has worked for you.. before adding minoxidil to your regimine.

Get Nizoral 1% shampoo from the pharmacy or grocery store.

Those are called "The Big 3" around these parts.. they're the most important to help maintain hair (Propecia), regrow hair (Minoxidil), and keep inflammation/itching to a minimal, for nice hair growth environment (Nizoral 1% shampoo, 2 - 3x weekly.. let it sit for 5 minutes or so each time you use it). Nizoral also has added anti-androgen properties, which can't be a bad thing in the fight against male pattern baldness.

:D