question about hair and scalp hygiene

bozini

Reaction score
I workout doing cardio almost everyday and, of course, I perspire alot on my head. Is there anything that one can wipe their head/scalp down with to take the sweat salts, toxins, etc. off that would be good for the scalp between washings? For instance, I shower in the morning and go to work but during lunch time I might walk the steps for 15 to 20 mins. What could I wipe my scalp down with until I shower and shampoo? I was thinking something like baby wipes but that might not be great for the scalp. I would even mix up some type of concoction that some of you may know of that would be economical and good for the scalp. Thanks.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly I would just give your hair a quick rinse of water. Sweat isn't toxic to your scalp, no need for shampoos. Just a rinse should be fine.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
if you are washing your hair everyday then i think a little sweat here and there will give your hair some much needed moisture. i for one think washing your hair everyday, though good for the scalp, is too harsh on your hair. of course, if you are dripping sweat, then a good rinse should be sufficient to get out the excess.

but, if you really want a wipe, i noticed in the grocery store the other day a section in the hair care aisle for bald men. they had scalp wipes. but the picture on the box had a man with a completely shaved head, so i don't know how well they would work for someone with hair.