Question About Finasteride & Regrowth

Jambo

Reaction score
I am 36 and roughly Norwood 4 but my hair loss has really levelled off now.

Am I right in saying that on the big 3 the main function of finasteride is to stop the hair loss and the main function of minoxidil is for regrowth?

I have tried minoxidil (and Nizoral) for 6 months but there was no significant effect for me.

As my hair loss has levelled off (or significantly slowed down) is there any point in trying finasteride? How much can it contribute to any regrowth if minoxidil doesn't seem to work?

Mutaher Zawar Syed

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used finasteride for a week. I noticed side effects Of shrinking of my testicles size and they became soft, also noticed pain. I stopped using finasteride after reading horror stories on internet after just a week of finasteride usage. When I stopped using finasteride, I noticed swelling in one of my testicles for almost a week, the swelling usually came and gone. Then after a week of stopping finasteride, I noticed decrease in hair loss. When I used to shower my hairs before using finasteride, I noticed approx 20 hairs loss. But after using finasteride, I used to notice maximum one hair loss during shower. For a month, there was no semen in ejaculation-dry orgasm. Then I recovered, my testicles became firm again. And After three months, I am totally recovered. Is it normal? Does it happen to everyone? I am thinking to start finasteride again due to its stopping hair loss. Should I?