question about applying spironolactone 2%

badasshair

Reaction score
i'm trying to apply 1mL daily of the spironolactone 2% ( .5 mL 2x daily). i use the 5% solution for my frontal hairline. i don't know how many dabs 0.5 mL is. also, am i applying enough of this stuff to my vertex/top with .5mL each time?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Good question... I've been in your shoes, and deduced that it was completely impossible to measure it.

Way back when, I emailed Dr Lee about it, and he said that it only takes a light dabbing, slight moisturizing of the scalp with it, and the scalp did not need a complete covering of wetness to get the chemical in. He reminded me that the spironolactone 2 is alcohol based, and alcohol is one of the best penetrating agents.

Still, I went through about 3 bottles of the stuff every two months when I was on it. Then again, it's just me to always overdo things...

If I were you, I would shoot for about a bottle a month. If you are burning through it at that rate, you're probably doing it just right. Adjust accordingly with your daily application.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
badasshair said:
i'm trying to apply 1mL daily of the spironolactone 2% ( .5 mL 2x daily). i use the 5% solution for my frontal hairline. i don't know how many dabs 0.5 mL is. also, am i applying enough of this stuff to my vertex/top with .5mL each time?

Does your spironolactone 2% have that dabber bottle end? If so, Dr. Lee said that 6 good strokes is the equivilent of 1 ml.

I used to pull that dabber end off the bottle (prys off pretty easy) and put my spironolactone 2% into an old minoxidil bottle and then applied my spironolactone w/ a dropper. Lot easier to figure out how much 1 ml was that way.

badasshair

Reaction score
thanx guys. i'm hoping this new regimen of mine will work for a while to come. *fingers crossed*. unfortunately, i had to drop propecia due to sexual sides. i'm also using 1.5 mL of revivogen at night, so i'm using HairLossTalk.com's regimen. HairLossTalk.com is the man.