Putting Nizoral on head 1 hour before showering

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Would this be of any benefit?

Just put some nizoral, say, on your temples about 1 hour before showering.

Or put some on unlathered over the top of a minoxidil application?

fantasiauae

Reaction score
If it was of any benefit the company would have said so.

I wouldnt keep it on my hair more than prescribed by the manufacturer.

misterium

Reaction score
3 - 5 minutes, 2x weekly for me, causes even some irritation/dryness, however mild.

Any longer, would nuke most of our heads :freaked2:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Perhaps you should look into the Nizoral cream instead? I don't think leaving a shampoo on your head that long would be a good idea, as the detergents in the shampoo might irritate your hair if left on your skin that long.

freudling

Reaction score
Exactly. Do not leave it on your head much longer than 5 minutes. It will dry out your hair strands and could and probably will irritate your skin.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dude dont do that! The water will evapourate from the lather and leave concentrated detergents chemically burning your scalp.

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
don't do that. i read an article that you shouldn't keep nirzoral on for long because it has a high rate of chemical transmission in your scalp. can be carcinogenic. use it just for a couple minutes!

Bono

Reaction score
Common sense, anyone?

:roll:

larry70470

Reaction score
Nizoral

At one point during my regime my dermotoligist perscribed Nizoral Cream, I put Nizoral on my scalp overnight for several months, It did not help. It was stronger than the shampoo, and not put on and immediately washed off. But again nothing ever worked for me.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
Such an "American" attitude. Oh, some is good, so a lot more must be better! :) lol

It's just not that way with medication.... :D