Putting hair gel/wax/gatsby while male pattern baldness?

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just forgot to ask this question to a dermatologist... is it safe to put hair gel while you have male pattern baldness? even without it touching the scalp, will it cause more hair loss?
I usually wash my hair daily in morning but I would have to wash it two times in the same day (morning before gel and night before sleep) the day when I put hair gel
I've heard that shampooing twice in the same day is bad right?

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
is it safe to put hair gel while you have male pattern baldness?

Absolutely not. In fact, I tried to avoid any social settings where others may be wearing hair gel - it's possible they can damage your hair too, much like passive smoking.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's fine, but male pattern baldness protip, if your hair is thinning, gel will make it clump and look even thinner. Hair Gel is not a friend of male pattern baldness sufferers.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
It's fine, but male pattern baldness protip, if your hair is thinning, gel will make it clump and look even thinner. Hair Gel is not a friend of male pattern baldness sufferers.

Hairspray on the other hand is very useful.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Yes, what he says... It's not advisable. Use concealers and hairspray

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've never used anything related to hairloss for sprays, just any old volume spray. None of them are probably good for you, all have alcohol. The concealers/Fibre companies offer some, but they're not great. May hold fibres in place, but not as good as the volume ones. They're all much of a much. Some of us have to use them till the hair feels solid.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a gel what makes your hair thicker / or to combine with topik ?

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a gel what makes your hair thicker / or to combine with topik ?

All I know is that I have a friend using Dove fortifying paste that makes his hair thicker, though i never used it myself

PS: Does Revita volumize your hair well? I was thinking to buy one to see if its better than Regenepure

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
All I know is that I have a friend using Dove fortifying paste that makes his hair thicker, though i never used it myself

PS: Does Revita volumize your hair well? I was thinking to buy one to see if its better than Regenepure
Yes Revita makes your hair looks a little bit thicker. I will try the Dove Fortifying paste. Dont know if they have it here in the Netherlands.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes Revita makes your hair looks a little bit thicker. I will try the Dove Fortifying paste. Dont know if they have it here in the Netherlands.

You can buy online if there don't have...but I know there have many in canada's pharmacies
How long have you been using Revita? Any improvement of hair growth from using it?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
You can buy online if there don't have...but I know there have many in canada's pharmacies
How long have you been using Revita? Any improvement of hair growth from using it?
I dont think that shampoo will give you results. The only improvement i had is less dandruff. Improvement i had is with dutasteride and minoxidil with RU. Dont expect from shampoo results. Only hair thickness from drying out the hair.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think that shampoo will give you results. The only improvement i had is less dandruff. Improvement i had is with dutasteride and minoxidil with RU. Dont expect from shampoo results. Only hair thickness from drying out the hair.

Nice... but knowing its difficult to get Dutasteride prescription, how did you get one? Do you have aggressive hair loss that you had to use Dutasteride over Finasteride?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice... but knowing its difficult to get Dutasteride prescription, how did you get one? Do you have aggressive hair loss that you had to use Dutasteride over Finasteride?

i get one from a guy living in Turkey. He sends me through the mail. It isnt without risks. Customs will warn you with a fine and they take the pills.

Yes my crown there was a bald spot, now it is better. Dutasteride helps a lot. Powerfull drug, my sperm is not like it used to be. Be carefull with this. It may have some risks with your sperm / getting a child.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i get one from a guy living in Turkey. He sends me through the mail. It isnt without risks. Customs will warn you with a fine and they take the pills.

Yes my crown there was a bald spot, now it is better. Dutasteride helps a lot. Powerfull drug, my sperm is not like it used to be. Be carefull with this. It may have some risks with your sperm / getting a child.

Hmm yeah i'm aware of that. Whenever I am interested in taking Dutasteride, any chance I can contact the guy for it to send me through the mail if I live in Canada? Unless you don't think its safe....?

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmm yeah i'm aware of that. Whenever I am interested in taking Dutasteride, any chance I can contact the guy for it to send me through the mail if I live in Canada? Unless you don't think its safe....?
I will ask him if i can give his email to you.

ryan82

Established Member
Reaction score