Putting Avodart To The Test. At Least 1 Year.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
massive improvement. dutasteride looks to be working with me too after a minor shed

you said your brother is a nw5? that shows the power of 5ar blockers pretty well.
did you have the exact same progression of hairloss prior to you taking finasteride?

Yes mate I’d say we’d both be in the same position right now I think my initial use of fina helped me stabilise the hairloss, after a period of time I felt as if it’s effects wore off.

Am I right in saying the more dust we take possibility of better results? Ie 1/1.5 will give better results than .5?

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I didn't take any pictures when I started because I didn't really expect to see any difference with my hair. It's been very gradual in the past. However, because of the crazy amount of shedding that's going on, I took my first photos this last week - especially as I am really beginning to notice thinning now. So I can certainly update in terms of going forwards.

To be honest, my hair has always been notoriously difficult to photograph in terms of monitoring hairloss - my hair is super-fine (like baby hair), straight, and also quite long. It's been speculated that I seem to have a lot more hair than normal to compensate for how fine it is. Even for post-hair transplant pics, it's hard to tell how much improvement has been made through photos. The most surefire way I can personally tell by how much hair I've lost (or grown) is by how easy or difficult it is to style and how full it is. If I've lost hair, my hair typically looks much shorter and flatter because after I've styled forwards to conceal my high hairline, there's little else left to style to provide extra fullness.

But below is a photo of how much hair I'm shedding at the moment from just one shower. Not that I'm counting them, but it must be 200-300 hairs. And then more fall out when I style. I know shedding is generally no measure of male pattern baldness, but that size of shed can't be normal?

My fear is that one of three things might be occuring:

1) Age and genetics have caught up with me (I've just turned 40) and no amount of these meds are going to make a blind bit of difference.

2) Finasteride worked for me (to an extent) but Dutasteride doesn't so I'm now losing all the ground I made on Finasteride. (These has largely been dismissed by others on the grounds that dutasteride does everything finasteride does but more).

3) Something else is going on that is causing the hairloss, which isn't male pattern baldness. And maybe I should be getting it checked out. By whom though? A doctor?

View attachment 101271
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes mate I’d say we’d both be in the same position right now I think my initial use of fina helped me stabilise the hairloss, after a period of time I felt as if it’s effects wore off.

Am I right in saying the more dust we take possibility of better results? Ie 1/1.5 will give better results than .5?

i dont think it's really worth it. really only talking 96% of dht inhibition at 0.5mg dose vs 98% at 1-2mg. probably more worth it to invest in a topical aa or ru - something like that. Although i haven't made the leap myself

Snakeshed

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Great hairline but can we see the baseline pics. It would be a good help to judge the improvement.

Upnadam10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nearly one year on avodart .5mg daily.

Here is more imagines of my hair. Some wee right from shower and dry also.
How much oral minoxidil are you taking? I just got my 8 month mark on Dutasteride and have not had your success