Putting Avodart To The Test. At Least 1 Year.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m so desperate. 9 months On Finasteride no slow down, constant huge shed daily over 150-209 hairs and my hairline that was a .5 6 months ago is now a NW1.5 or NW2? Also I’m diffuse just about everywhere with side miniaturization.

Attachments

• 2A12CED2-F67A-43F3-9DE4-8DD5CCC692EC.jpeg
    2A12CED2-F67A-43F3-9DE4-8DD5CCC692EC.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 610
  • A81F9801-9505-4D98-808E-5CAB19F3C10D.jpeg
    A81F9801-9505-4D98-808E-5CAB19F3C10D.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 626

zordx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update - my shedding has literally stopped. I loose a normal amount of hairs daily nothing worrying. A lot of vellus hairs have turned terminal around my hairline, hair feels more denser, small things I've noticed is my hair grows so quickly.

As for side effects first few months I was extremely tired all the time that passed. Brain fog also.

This forum seems abit dead but I'll keep posting once a month.
what is your regimen for avodeart one pill everyday 0.5mg? any side effects?

zordx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m so desperate. 9 months On Finasteride no slow down, constant huge shed daily over 150-209 hairs and my hairline that was a .5 6 months ago is now a NW1.5 or NW2? Also I’m diffuse just about everywhere with side miniaturization.
same for me only worse after 6 month with finastide and still ton of shedding

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Everyone's different when it comes to dht blockers. Perhaps just finasteride as a stand alone isn't enough for you. Perhaps looking into adding keto shampoo, and increasing your finasteride dosage to see how it helps or if it helps. It's trail and error really. I had good results with finasteride 1mg myself but it never lasted.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what is your regimen for avodeart one pill everyday 0.5mg? any side effects?

Yeah 0.5mg every morning.
No side effects anymore. Never had sexual side effects, I know that's the biggest off put. Extremely tired for a while when I first took avodart, honestly I was sleeping constantly. I had brain fog, I also had both these when I first took finasteride.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude your 42? Hair loss happens with age, if you think you will regain your hair density that you had in your teens, 20's or 30's you won't! And how did you come up with 150-209 hairs lost daily? That is like saying I lost 162.5 hair

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it. But the loss in just a few years from an insane baseline is tough to endure. I’m throwing just about everything at it with no slow down. And actually it seems like the treatments even Finasteride is making it worse.

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
I get it. But the loss in just a few years from an insane baseline is tough to endure. I’m throwing just about everything at it with no slow down. And actually it seems like the treatments even Finasteride is making it worse.
You throwing everything in is probably your problem. Your throwing your endocrine system out of whack. You need to stick with one thing for at least a year. And if what your taking was to work, you will never know which one was responsible

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ship has sailed in oral minoxidil, bad move starting and afraid to stop after 2 years. I’m going to press the full year on topical Finasteride.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah 0.5mg every morning.
No side effects anymore. Never had sexual side effects, I know that's the biggest off put. Extremely tired for a while when I first took avodart, honestly I was sleeping constantly. I had brain fog, I also had both these when I first took finasteride.
how did ur brain fog feel like? can u describe the symptoms?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how did ur brain fog feel like? can u describe the symptoms?

Yeah I first noticed it maybe two months into finasteride hard to say could have been less than, i noticed my reactions at work and stuff were slower, not thinking as clearly as I was used to and making silly mistakes. I can honestly say if it wasn't for finasteride or avodart I'd have no hair.

Something I never told this thread is I actually have an identical twin brother an we both used a lot of steroids, he has next to no hair right now and has never used dht blockers. id say he's a NW5 easy.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I first noticed it maybe two months into finasteride hard to say could have been less than, i noticed my reactions at work and stuff were slower, not thinking as clearly as I was used to and making silly mistakes. I can honestly say if it wasn't for finasteride or avodart I'd have no hair.

Something I never told this thread is I actually have an identical twin brother an we both used a lot of steroids, he has next to no hair right now and has never used dht blockers. id say he's a NW5 easy.
meh, man. this f*****g choice, when u get sides, but realize its only way to try to save ur hair

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys here’s my 9month up date on avodart

I’ll repost on one year mark.

Attachments

• F32946C9-DF78-40A7-8C28-73094950AA67.jpeg
    F32946C9-DF78-40A7-8C28-73094950AA67.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 732
  • 4B9F7DEF-414D-4E35-9382-1FD63B4762BD.jpeg
    4B9F7DEF-414D-4E35-9382-1FD63B4762BD.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 676

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you're making great progress. I'm on dutasteride and month 9 was when my hair started to thicken up as well.

I found this image of my hair back over one year ago, I think this was a few months prior to avodart, styling my hair like it is in my last post was difficult, I think there is improvement, certainly in density.

Do you guys believe I will get more from avodart in the lead up to one year mark - 14months?

I’d like to be honest and tell you’s I am
Indeed booked in for hair transplant along the hairline with Fuexpert. Very excited his work is up there with the best. This will happen Christmas 2019.

Thanks guys, have a good day.

Attachments

• 544E4512-9A0C-4C1E-B4B8-6F88EB3E1977.png
    544E4512-9A0C-4C1E-B4B8-6F88EB3E1977.png
    293.3 KB · Views: 558

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my avodart also.

Attachments

• B46D9458-4FBA-4BD8-89B4-474BC6FD837E.jpeg
    B46D9458-4FBA-4BD8-89B4-474BC6FD837E.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 339

sonnytle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Based from my experience you'll continue to get thickening and then it'll taper off after one year. There will be intermittent shedding but overall, dutasteride (Avodart) works much better than finasteride. Stay with Avodart...

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awww look at this.. *.*

So jelaous...

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
massive improvement. dutasteride looks to be working with me too after a minor shed

you said your brother is a nw5? that shows the power of 5ar blockers pretty well.
did you have the exact same progression of hairloss prior to you taking finasteride?