purely topical regimens

CCS

Reaction score
If you refuse to use propecia or avodart, make sure you are at least doing the following:

tricomin is about as effective as 2% minoxidil, which grows more hair than propecia in the short run, but tricomin actually slows down the balding process, whereas minoxidil does not. folligen and prox-N are other options.

Since minoxidil does not slow down the balding process, and can react with spironolactone to make a stink, I think you skip the minoxidil and just use the spironolactone, unless you need to regrow a lot and don't mind going to bed with an odor.

revivogen helps from another angle. The fatty acids can stop 5ar to some extent like propecia but weaker, and can also block the AR like spironolactone does to some extent. The other crap in there may irritate you, though.

nizoral 1% helps with inflamation, which might slow the immune system's attack.

If you know you are only destined to be a NW3, apply topicals there. If you are destined to be a nw5, those areas will thin eventually if you don't apply this stuff everywhere.

NANO shampoo is a good growth stimulant that won't interfere with spironolactone.

consider adding green tea extract to your tricomin.

spironolactone is cheaper if you make your own.

htownballa

Established Member
Reaction score
How exactly does tricomin slow down the balding process? Is there some other mechanism besides improving scalp health that I am not aware of?

CCS

Reaction score
this is just speculation on my part, but if it repairs skin damage, I would think that would slow stuff down. It does not slow down the attack, but it helps clean up the mess, which mean slowing the process. Minoxidil does neither, and just adds hair counts. I read that minoxidil protects blood vessels a bit and slows fibrosis a bit, but studies show it does not slow down balding at all. Maybe the tricomin is the same, though intuitively I would think the repair work would slow down balding. It does regrow hair by some process.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
great post College, thanks!!

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Ketoconazole (like Nizoral) for over one year, and I have slowly improving growth from zero. I my experience, just rinse well.
Boru

LostWind

Established Member
Reaction score
Boru said:
I have been using Ketoconazole (like Nizoral) for over one year, and I have slowly improving growth from zero. I my experience, just rinse well.
Boru

are you using it daily?

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Every day, when I have time, and I leave it on for 20 minutes while having breakfast. Good luck with your efforts. Boru

CCS

Reaction score
if you already have 2%, use it up. it is no stronger than 1%, but just dries your hair more and costs a lot more.

I use mine every other day, alternating with NANO shampoo, and leave them in for 5 minutes.

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of somebody who had any benefits by using NANO-shampoo...

i still have some bottles left but í'm afraid it can increase shedding...

i used topical spironolactone twice a day for 6 months without any succes...

still a combinational approach is needed when not using finasteride or dutasteride.

Copper peptides, minoxidil and a topical anti-androgen (spironolactone, flutamide, Zix etc...please NO revivogen!)

CCS

Reaction score
topical flutaminde is 100% systemic. No local effect, except that fraction of the system.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
science-jay said:
I've never heard of somebody who had any benefits by using NANO-shampoo...

OH REALLY?? I guess you didn't bother to read the thread entitled "For 'viperfish': some happy Proxiphen users!" right here in this very same forum, because you would have seen the following alt.baldspot post:

(chuckfrasher@yahoo.com)
Subject: Re: Proxiphen good for hairline
Newsgroups: alt.baldspot
Date: 2002-02-06 12:30:54 PST

I've had very good results with Dr. P's Formulas and have posted this before. I will post specifically about this when I have a little more time. Believe it or not, I think Dr. P's shampoo is a gift from God. I have 3 separate experiences of using it. Each time, it worked. Two of these experiences were with the shampoo alone. My most recent is nano mixed with Propecia, Nizoral, and Dp. P's Advanced Regrowth Formula from lef.org. After a month or so off of the shampoo, I am losing gobbs of hair in the drain. I will explain in more detail later.