Pumpkin Seed Oil?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've recently seen a lot of positive feedback about Pumpkin Seed Oil whilst doing some internet lurking.

Some of the information is pretty old now though. Posts from 2004 etc?! Is this legit, seems pretty safe and is anyone here using it?

I read things about it inhibiting Testosterone turning into DHT which obviously is a good thing for hairloss and obviously it's a more natural approach though. Packed full of Zinc aswell.

Would this mechanism compete with Finasteride and worsen side effects (if you get them) or is this another anecdotal but somewhat worth while thing to add to a regime? I only ask as I hope to start micro-dosing Finasteride soon and I want to give myself a fighting chance with it.

I'm intrigued to buy some PSO capsules..

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and on a little plus note what's the deal with Green Tea? Some people I hear say it's great for hairloss, others say it's jumps up DHT levels. What gives?

I want to start drinking it again but I'm a little scared. My hairloss started/sped up coincidentally after drinking a lot of Green Tea. What is the general consensus on this stuff now? Yay or nay?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why buy the capsules? Just buy the oil and pour it into a spoon.

I'm skeptical of all natural remedies. There's so much deception from that industry.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why buy the capsules? Just buy the oil and pour it into a spoon.

I'm skeptical of all natural remedies. There's so much deception from that industry.

Capsules seem less messy. Plus I already have a bottle of castor oil and a bottle of 88% vodka with Finasteride dissolving in my room.

All these bottles I must look like some kind of hair junkie haha.

Capsules just seems easier :)

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha I like your 0.03 finasteride x3 per week soon to come in your regimen. How exactly do you plan to crush the pill into 0.03? :)

I have 200ml of 88% vodka. I'm currently dissolving 3x 1mg generic Finasteride tablets in there. They are dissolving well, some sediment in the bottom but i think it's just the pill binders.

1ml = 0.015mg
2ml = 0.03mg

Will just take 2ml every 3 days and keep an eye on my itch/hairs I lose.

I will invest in some better pipettes though, the ones I have currently are very inaccurate.

I will create a new photo complete with photos of procedure and hairline in the next week or so :)

AlexieJ

Reaction score
I am not so sure if this can compete. All I know is pumpkin seed oil is healthy for our body because of the nutrients we can get from it. Some claim that pumpkin seed oil can help with hair loss only for men, however it also has some effect on testosterone and androgen level.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Believe me all the old threads are old and dead for good reasons leave them at peace. I have used many supplements over the years pumpkin seed oil among them, and it makes zero difference even for minor hair loss. Try if it helps you feel better for doing something, but your hair will run its natural course.
Whether it affects androgen levels we can all just guess. Maybe it does, but not enough to help with hair loss. Lowering DHT by 5 percent isnt going to do you any good assuming it does anything.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There was a study where they used PSO (plus some other ingredients) capsules for some decent hair regrowth. The product was called Octa Sabal Plus. That's what made me start taking PSO capsules.

I'm not hoping for miracles from pumpkin seed oil, and just like you, i'm also microdosing on finasteride. Seeing some regrowth, going back to Norwood 2 from my high point of 2.5. But with the minoxidil and micro finasteride doses, it's tough to say if PSO is doing anything. Either way, I throw it in because it couldn't hurt and it isn't expensive.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Why dont you try 0,03mg topical instead. If you believe that its the systemic suppresion of Dht that is causing the side effects I think it would be a better choice to try the topical route at first.

Susano

Reaction score
Why dont you try 0,03mg topical instead. If you believe that its the systemic suppresion of Dht that is causing the side effects I think it would be a better choice to try the topical route at first.

May I ask if there's any evidence of fina working topically?

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a study where they used PSO (plus some other ingredients) capsules for some decent hair regrowth. The product was called Octa Sabal Plus. That's what made me start taking PSO capsules.

I'm not hoping for miracles from pumpkin seed oil, and just like you, i'm also microdosing on finasteride. Seeing some regrowth, going back to Norwood 2 from my high point of 2.5. But with the minoxidil and micro finasteride doses, it's tough to say if PSO is doing anything. Either way, I throw it in because it couldn't hurt and it isn't expensive.

Well the video didn't work for me (my phone is kinda fucked) but I will look for it again later. I have heard of PSO, it popped up on a few other forums being mentioned. I may consider adding it to me regime if it's expensive.

Just out of curiosity what dose of finasteride are you currently micro-dosing?

Happy to hear you have restored some of your hairline aswell :)

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
W

Well I've already bought all the items for my experiment now so I'll try this first.

I do believe in my case it may have been the rise in Estrogen in my body that caused sides but I can merely speculate.

I see other people using topical Finasteride and still getting sides though?

Also I'm a diffuse thinner so applying topical to locations still with hair just seems like a pain. Might help on my receded hairline though..

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
W

Well I've already bought all the items for my experiment now so I'll try this first.

I do believe in my case it may have been the rise in Estrogen in my body that caused sides but I can merely speculate.

I see other people using topical Finasteride and still getting sides though?

Also I'm a diffuse thinner so applying topical to locations still with hair just seems like a pain. Might help on my receded hairline though..

The sides of topical adminstration is because finasteride going systemic just like with oral administration. Drakes study imply that 0,05mg might be an effective dosage and 0,01 mg a side-effect free dosage. I tought of applying 0,01-0,02 mg topically to see if the concentrated amount in the topical can measure up to the distribution of 0,05mg+ orally to the scalp.

An alcohol-made solution should be fairly easy to use for you, just like water.

Reaction score
Packed full of Zinc aswell.
Oils may contain traces of (trace) minerals and are certainly not "packed full".
PSO is of no use by the way (hoax)! Yes, it will contain a small amount of sterols, however, the small amount that would be ingested makes this to virtually none.
If anything, it is the extract that might be useful as it is a well known natural remedy for BPH and contains most of the sterols..
So, what you want is a sterol-rich pumpkin seed extract..

Last edited:

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
II would guess i'm on 0.05 every 2 to 3 days. It's miiiiiniscule. Like really little. I just break off little peices and eat it with water. I know it's not consistent. Might try the liquid route to get a constant amount. Everclear alcohol + finasteride correct? Does it dissolve completely?

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
II would guess i'm on 0.05 every 2 to 3 days. It's miiiiiniscule. Like really little. I just break off little peices and eat it with water. I know it's not consistent. Might try the liquid route to get a constant amount. Everclear alcohol + finasteride correct? Does it dissolve completely?

You should measure it. It will disolve most certainly. Good luck with regim, I will follow!

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I did think about that but there is no real way of telling if the bit you break off has any Finasteride in it at all. Could just be eating pill filler for a week and then most of the finasteride tablet one day.

Yeah I think Everclear is good for that if you can get hold of it. Just buy a bottle and dissolve them in there. I'm using 88% vodka.

My vodka has gone very misty/cloudy. There is some sediment but I think it's mostly pill filler. I've assumed the finasteride has mostly dissolved now but I will remember to shake well before every dose!

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
The substances are evenly distributed through the pill. Maybe the coating can interfere with the propositions, if you take a small layer off top for exemple, i'm not completely sure.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The substances are evenly distributed through the pill. Maybe the coating can interfere with the propositions, if you take a small layer off top for exemple, i'm not completely sure.

Really? I always assumed they just dumped the dose 1mg, 5mg etc in there. Well the more you know :)

Do you think the finasteride is likely to have dissolved in 88% vodka? There are some tiny bits floating but I'm sure it's the just the stuff that binds the pills together..