Puffy Nipples after 3 months on generic finasteride.

headlights_joe

Reaction score
I decided to start taking finasteride after doing much research on the internet and weighing out the risks. I figured I usually tolerate any type of medication well and this would be no different, well...I was wrong. After 3 months of once a day 1mg. generic finasteride I had to stop due to my nipples becoming puffy. I had been monitoring them very closely and it seemed like it came on very fast. On top of that I did have a lower libido the entire time I was on it but I was dealing with that and figured it would go away. Well to make a long story short I have been off finasteride for 2 months now and my nipples are still puffy and I can feel a small lump the size of a nickle under one of them. Also the center of the nipple is bigger as well.

Now I am wondering if the increases have stopped, I just hope the finasteride has not altered my hormone production for an extended period. My libido is back to normal and I am in excellent shape at 7-8 percent body fat but the nipple problem remains. Its not too bad but is definatly bumming me out. Does anyone have any answers about this??

I would also warn anyone out there to weigh the costs of possible side effects. My hairloss wasn't that bad and I thought I could take finasteride to prevent further loss but now I wish I never started it.

age 29

Dick Hyman

Reaction score
damn. I just started Propecia 2 days ago.

were there signs of the gyno before the nips thickened out?

best of luck. I would say maybe work on your pecs at the gym, but it sounds like your in great shape as it is.

based on what I've read, it doesn't sound like this goes away without a visit to the lypo Doctor.

best of luck

follijinxed

Established Member
Reaction score
My nipples are a little puffy too. I noticed them a few days after starting propecia. However, I think they were probably puffy anyways and I just noticed them after paranoia set in.

I swear my left boob is bigger than it was though, with more fat around the lower part around the nipple. I only notice the puffiness when my nipples aren't hard even the slightest bit.

I had been on 0.5mg EOD for 3 weeks when I started and then 1mg EOD for the past 3 months. Today I think i'm going to go to 0.5mg every day.

I notice that I feel kinda like I have a thin layer of blubber all over me. That may be because I haven't been exercising much lately due to shin splints. I plan on going running today.

I don't notice any lumps however. My hair has definitely gotten thicker and miniaturizing hair seems to be growing again. All in all, I'd rather have a perfect body than hair if I had to choose.

My girlfriend has commented that my chest looks bigger, looking at pics, it has. I am also benching 50lbs more than I was a few months ago though. My arms are also bigger, so its hard to say if I'm getting breast tissue.

If anything, its not that noticeable yet. I would keep exercising and wait a year to see if those lumps go away.