Psychological Side Effects Of Anti-androgen Treatment

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone here on finasteride, dutasteride or other anti-androgens who is experiencing psychological side effects?

I think it's a meme, like the sexual side effects are the result of hypochondria.
No drug with a % of heavy side effects higher than 0.5 would have been approved here in Europe, because regulation is too stringent.

Empirically, I can even say that my cognitive abilities have improved as well as my mental well-being. Before getting on finasteride I had episodes of self harm caused by the shame I felt when I went out, exposing my sh*t head of hair. Now, almost 3 months in and I'm considerably less depressed.

Any experience?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
A-picture-of-a-hipster-with-long-hair-and-a-receding-hairline-caused-by-the-balding-from-wearing-a-tight-man-bun-hairstyle.jpg

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reap even more benefit then. Why not go full blown eunuch :D? You'll demolish Androgenetic Alopecia then and you could possibly increase your lifespan.

Talk about a longevity strategy no man wants to pursue. A recent study published in the journal Current Biology finds that Korean eunuchs — castrated men — lived 14 to 19 years longer than other men, suggesting that male sex hormones play a role in life span. In the study, the researchers used a genealogy record called the Yang-Se-Gye-Bo that tracked eunuchs who worked in the Korean imperial court during the Chosun Dynasty, which ruled from the 14th to early 20th centuries.

Researchers were able to identify 81 eunuchs, who were castrated as boys, and determined that they lived to an average age of 70, significantly longer than other men of similar social status. Even kings didn't typically make it to age 50.

Three of the 81 eunuchs lived to 100, a centenarian rate that's far higher than would be expected in modern society. The current incidence of centenarians is 1 per 3,500 people in Japan, and 1 per 4,400 people in the United States, for instance; thus, the incidence of centenarians among Korean eunuchs was at least 130 times higher than that of present-day developed countries, according to the paper.

"Our study supports the idea that male sex hormones decrease the lifespan of men," the authors write.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Reap even more benefit then. Why not go full blown eunuch :D? You'll demolish Androgenetic Alopecia then and you could possibly increase your lifespan.

If the male sex hormone decreases the life span of males, then was the lifespan of females similar to eunuchs in Korea? Or there are other factors beyond male sex hormone that make female lifespan not as great as eunuchs? Females do tend to live longer than males though, at least in the US.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

We can all agree that DHT (2 and 3) is primarily a waste hormone that's not involved in erections and sexual ability. This is why practically no one gets side effects. Testosterone is the only hormone we should care about.

DHT 2 and 3 makes predisposed men hairy on the body and ugly on the head. It has no other role. It's a weed to be destroyed.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
We can all agree that DHT (2 and 3) is primarily a waste hormone that's not involved in erections and sexual ability. This is why practically no one gets side effects. Testosterone is the only hormone we should care about.

DHT 2 and 3 makes predisposed men hairy on the body and ugly on the head. It has no other role. It's a weed to be destroyed.

no we can't all agree, but its pretty clear you're just looking to confirm your biases and not feel any dissonance about your new commitment.

plisk

Established Member
Reaction score
p.s there is no such thing as DHT "2" and "3"

DHT is DHT. 5-alpha reductase is what you are thinking of and no its not the same thing.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no we can't all agree, but its pretty clear you're just looking to confirm your biases and not feel any dissonance about your new commitment.

Well hey DHT lover. Get me some legit studies about the role of DHT in erections. Waiting here.

You must love your balding head!

rafiles

Established Member
Reaction score

Well hey DHT lover. Get me some legit studies about the role of DHT in erections. Waiting here.

You must love your balding head!

Sorry but, it's like you found the cure.
If you have found the cure for hair loss, then don't be an egoist and tell us.

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry but, it's like you found the cure.
If you have found the cure for hair loss, then don't be an egoist and tell us.

The best treatments (systemic anti-androgens) are already out there, but they are not perfect because they don't block all the bad DHT locally where it's needed. Life is hell.

This is why it's a losing battle on the long run and its effects are cosmetically minimal. This is why we hope and fight. Anyone who is here and not on finasteride/doing a transplant should just off himself.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

Tbh the way you're coming across in this thread is kind of like, trying to convince yourself and get affirmation that finasteride is fine

I'm on finasteride myself and enjoying the benefits as well as cumming water

The evidence is out there that it has some very nasty effects on some men. Be thankful that you are not experiencing these, and avoid reading side effect threads that can mess with you psychologically and cause nocebo, but avoid making these threads militantly trying to get affirmation that all men can tolerate low levels of dht