Prp With Dermatologist Or At A Well-being/weight Loss/laser Clinic?

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m looking into PRP and I think I want to skip Acell. My options are go to a dermatologist for $600 a treatment plus a $100 consult or 5 treatments for $2000 at a well/being type of clinic that offers lots of cosmetic procedures.

The clinic says the key to success is several close together treatments 1-2 months apart. Usually 3, then maintenance ones every 6 months to a year afterwards.

Thoughts?

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m looking into PRP and I think I want to skip Acell. My options are go to a dermatologist for $600 a treatment plus a $100 consult or 5 treatments for $2000 at a well/being type of clinic that offers lots of cosmetic procedures.

The clinic says the key to success is several close together treatments 1-2 months apart. Usually 3, then maintenance ones every 6 months to a year afterwards.

Thoughts?
Im considering prp myself. Did you get it done?

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased 5 treatments. I had my first treatment 6 weeks ago and my second treatment 2 weeks ago. A little history.. I am approaching 1 year on dutasteride and about 7 years on rogaine foam. The dutasteride hasn't seemed to do anything for me yet. I plan on giving it 2 years.

I went with the well being clinic so I did not receive Acell. They did prp injections at the crown and hairline then they used an electric derma roller and spread prp over the areas. My hair itself looks thicker/healthier, but it has not made a cosmetic difference yet. Its still pretty early and I go back for my 3rd session in 2 weeks.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased 5 treatments. I had my first treatment 6 weeks ago and my second treatment 2 weeks ago. A little history.. I am approaching 1 year on dutasteride and about 7 years on rogaine foam. The dutasteride hasn't seemed to do anything for me yet. I plan on giving it 2 years.

I went with the well being clinic so I did not receive Acell. They did prp injections at the crown and hairline then they used an electric derma roller and spread prp over the areas. My hair itself looks thicker/healthier, but it has not made a cosmetic difference yet. Its still pretty early and I go back for my 3rd session in 2 weeks.
I got it done myself, day after my hair looked way worse and i was worried but about two weeks later my shed was down majorly and my hair is definitely fuller and slightly thicker. Be careful going with too many treatments too frequently thats when you hear about shock loss. I am considering a second treatment around the 8 week mark.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I read that best results are several spaced 4-6 weeks out then as needed. I haven't experienced much yet.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read that best results are several spaced 4-6 weeks out then as needed. I haven't experienced much yet.
2 weeks after my hair looks way better less scalp visible and almost no shedding. I still have a long battle but things are looking good, i also have been eating extremely healthy and been taking supplements, try and quit any dairy and dont eat a lot of bread

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I had a couple days of very low shedding then it came right back. I do need to improve my diet quite a bit. Im really annoyed because I am about a week away from dutasteride daily and my hair has not improved. How old are you?

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a couple days of very low shedding then it came right back. I do need to improve my diet quite a bit. Im really annoyed because I am about a week away from dutasteride daily and my hair has not improved. How old are you?
Im 26 about 5 weeks in still little to no shed my hairs improving week by week