Prp - Probably My Lady Hope; Fingers Crossed!

Juniornash

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a newby on here and have often read your posts and would like to share my own story with you. I'm 39 and have been losing my hair for just over 3 years. As you've probably heard many a time, before this nightmare started I had thick full hair and never imagined that this sort of thing could happen to me! The realisation of losing my hair absolutely floored me! I've been through every emotion possible and put my family through hell. I've tried every topical treatment out there, along with shampoos, vitamins, guava leaves, contraceptive pill, visited numerous GP's, dermatologists, trichologist, had blood tests, been part of hair trials, etc etc - and as you've probably guessed, all unsuccessful! I was told I had Chronic Telogen Efflivium, I had polycystic ovaries, female pattern baldness, I've even had quotes for a hair transplant! - my head has been in pieces! I can't begin to explain how much I have changed as a person because of this never ending struggle for an answer ☹️

November 2016 was when I stumbled across PRP whilst searching on-line; which is something I do on a very regular basis! It sounded great and I looked into it further. All reviews were positive and I booked an appointment at a clinic near to my home. My Mam (my rock) came with me and we were both very intrigued at the whole idea of injecting your own platelet back into your body to give your follicles a massive boost of vitamin; no chemicals! I left the clinic with information and because of my past unsuccessful treatments, i was hoping it wasn't going to be just another one on the list to try and put a tick next to!

I've had hair extensions fitted for best part of the three years which have acted as a security blanket to disguise my insecurities, I don't know what I would have done without them. However, I recently came to the conclusion that I didn't want to hide behind them any longer and was sick of the effort it took to wash and style. So, just before Christmas 2016, I made a last minute decision to leave them out whilst sitting in the salon chair. I'm not saying my hair was looking great, but I was quite surprised that it looked normal (ish) with the extensions out and I could probably walk out of the salon and feel 'ok'!
Getting used to life without my extensions has been ok, but I needed to explore the PRP further, so this evening I have been to have the treatment done. I can honestly say it is quite a painful procedure, but as you'll probably agree, those who go through hair loss will try anything to stop the process. The doctor said each individual is different and may need a couple more visits depending on how I feel and results. I will keep you posted as to my progress and fingers crossed I won't have to return to extensions!
I would really like to return and tell you my hair halted in falling and stabilised, however time will tell. Sorry for rambling!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
just curious did you ever try Minoxidil and or anti androgens?

Juniornash

My Regimen
Reaction score
just curious did you ever try Minoxidil and or anti androgens?
Yes, I've tried minoxidil at the very beginning, although may not have tried for the correct amount if time needed, I didn't see any progress at all. Anti androgens, what does this consist of?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I've tried minoxidil at the very beginning, although may not have tried for the correct amount if time needed, I didn't see any progress at all. Anti androgens, what does this consist of?

for women its mostly oral spironolactone and for men its oral propecia

there are some topical anti DHT also.

lolabarks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I had one treatment of PRP with a Dr in California. It wasn't overwhelmingly helpful - I noticed fuzz and new hairs, but I have also been taking Finasteride. I went to a very good dermatologist in Dallas, and she told me it is imperative that you do 4 treatments of PRP, spaced one month apart. She said people can form a negative opinion if they don't follow this protocol. I am trying to take out a loan to pay for 4 treatments with her. Did you just have one? How long ago? I know I didn't see any changes for several months after the only PRP I had. I have seen more hair growth now, but not sure what to attribute it to.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken 3 PRP sessions and I have 3 more remaining, ive been diagnosed with CTE and I'm using minoxidil with the PRP treatments and I'm seeing some results but theyre not great because its been 3 months only so I will evaluate it after 6 months and hopefully ill be able to regrow a good portion of my hair back, I hope they work out for you

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken 3 PRP sessions and I have 3 more remaining, I've been diagnosed with CTE and I'm using minoxidil with the PRP treatments and I'm seeing some results but theyre not great because its been 3 months only so I will evaluate it after 6 months and hopefully ill be able to regrow a good portion of my hair back, I hope they work out for you

How do you know it is not just minoxidil helping?

If you have CTE what is the trigger? Did your Dr figure that out with you?

Juniornash

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, sorry I haven't been back on here since my last post. Well, after my first PRP, I haven't been able to see any improvement at all. My doctor did say, as you have both stated on your posts, it takes several visits to see any results. I'm going to return to him, even thought I found it extremely painful to see if further PRP treatments will work.

I've also purchased minoxidil to go with it.

Thx for your posts guys x

lolabarks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please both of you keep us posted! My dermatologist in Dallas charges $2,400 (pretty sure, or maybe more) for 4 sessions which she recommends. If it was so painful, did they put the numbing cream on your head first?

Juniornash

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will keep you posted. Yes, he put numbing cream on but was still really painful and I've got quite a high pain threshold. Was yours painful?

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am doing minoxidil for 7 months thrilled with results got a lot of regrowth.

I am personally glad I held off on PRP to be honest..i debated it for over a year. I am not convinced it is ineffective but it I am glad I did minoxidil alone first and did not spend money on PRP and wonder if it was PRP or minoxidil..

I might try it in Fall since that will be a year on minxodil.
--but most likely not...I am curious to see what Folica presents in Fall for neogenesis and if Brotzu from Fidia pharmacy is going to be available in 2018 or 2019 and how their trials did.

Be careful with money--hair loss is pricey for the long view.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you know it is not just minoxidil helping?

If you have CTE what is the trigger? Did your Dr figure that out with you?
I don't know if it's the prp working or the minoxidil but I thought i'd just go for it because I'm so desperate for my hair to grow, now I've had 3 sessions and I haven't been very compliant with minoxidil and so far the improvement is almost unnoticeable but I will stay compliant and wait for maybe one year to evaluate the results.

My Dr wasn't sure what caused my CTE but I did all the blood work and came back with very severe deficiencies for vitamin D3 and Ferritin so I'm working on correcting them, if they don't reverse the whole thing I think maybe that would be FPHL that somehow magically appeared when all my relatives have normal hair.

Nano123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please both of you keep us posted! My dermatologist in Dallas charges $2,400 (pretty sure, or maybe more) for 4 sessions which she recommends. If it was so painful, did they put the numbing cream on your head first?
It is very bearable, it's just that your scalp stings a bit from the injected plasma for an hour or two after injecting and that's it. My first session was indeed more painful because I was stressed about it and how painful it might be, the Dr applied liquid lidocaine 10 mins before starting and it made no difference, by the 3rd session I didn't apply any lidocaine and it didn't hurt at all because I was relaxed and I trusted my Dr

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a newby on here and have often read your posts and would like to share my own story with you. I'm 39 and have been losing my hair for just over 3 years. As you've probably heard many a time, before this nightmare started I had thick full hair and never imagined that this sort of thing could happen to me! The realisation of losing my hair absolutely floored me! I've been through every emotion possible and put my family through hell. I've tried every topical treatment out there, along with shampoos, vitamins, guava leaves, contraceptive pill, visited numerous GP's, dermatologists, trichologist, had blood tests, been part of hair trials, etc etc - and as you've probably guessed, all unsuccessful! I was told I had Chronic Telogen Efflivium, I had polycystic ovaries, female pattern baldness, I've even had quotes for a hair transplant! - my head has been in pieces! I can't begin to explain how much I have changed as a person because of this never ending struggle for an answer ☹️

November 2016 was when I stumbled across PRP whilst searching on-line; which is something I do on a very regular basis! It sounded great and I looked into it further. All reviews were positive and I booked an appointment at a clinic near to my home. My Mam (my rock) came with me and we were both very intrigued at the whole idea of injecting your own platelet back into your body to give your follicles a massive boost of vitamin; no chemicals! I left the clinic with information and because of my past unsuccessful treatments, i was hoping it wasn't going to be just another one on the list to try and put a tick next to!

I've had hair extensions fitted for best part of the three years which have acted as a security blanket to disguise my insecurities, I don't know what I would have done without them. However, I recently came to the conclusion that I didn't want to hide behind them any longer and was sick of the effort it took to wash and style. So, just before Christmas 2016, I made a last minute decision to leave them out whilst sitting in the salon chair. I'm not saying my hair was looking great, but I was quite surprised that it looked normal (ish) with the extensions out and I could probably walk out of the salon and feel 'ok'!
Getting used to life without my extensions has been ok, but I needed to explore the PRP further, so this evening I have been to have the treatment done. I can honestly say it is quite a painful procedure, but as you'll probably agree, those who go through hair loss will try anything to stop the process. The doctor said each individual is different and may need a couple more visits depending on how I feel and results. I will keep you posted as to my progress and fingers crossed I won't have to return to extensions!
I would really like to return and tell you my hair halted in falling and stabilised, however time will tell. Sorry for rambling!

any updates?