Prp - Platelet-rich Plasma Treatmant

Asaf

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, met with a doctor a few days back and he offered me this treatment prp ... was wondering if some one here had done it and what can you guys tell me about it
TY!

ThickAndTired

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was a big hype about it years ago, and the common conclusion is that it's a huge waste of money.
rethickening barely happens and sometimes it also damages your hair. you can search for tons of threads about it here and see people's experiences

Maslow45

My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal experience is very positive so far. After one treatment my hair loss stopped completely. After 30 days I noticed an improvement in the quality and texture of my hair. I just completed the second treatment and hope to see new growth in the next month or two. Like everything, people respond differently to everything. I was skeptical, but its a procedure that uses your own blood, and there is no down time. I have my suspicions as to why this treatment is not getting the positive feedback it deserves. In any case, I would try it as an addition to your existing regimen. I'll post an update in the next month.

ThickAndTired

My Regimen
Reaction score
My personal experience is very positive so far. After one treatment my hair loss stopped completely. After 30 days I noticed an improvement in the quality and texture of my hair. I just completed the second treatment and hope to see new growth in the next month or two. Like everything, people respond differently to everything. I was skeptical, but its a procedure that uses your own blood, and there is no down time. I have my suspicions as to why this treatment is not getting the positive feedback it deserves. In any case, I would try it as an addition to your existing regimen. I'll post an update in the next month.

Good to hear it seems to be working for you, I wish you luck and keep us updated!

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's snake oil.

I did one PRP session because it was only 100 dollars but f*** paying big money for it. You'll be lucky to notice any difference.

Maslow45

My Regimen
Reaction score
One treatment? $100? Really. Where did you get this? So if everyone tried something once and achieved zero results it must be “worthless.” Sorry it’s had to take your post seriously when you don’t have a regimen on your profile and it shows your age at 90.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One treatment? $100? Really. Where did you get this? So if everyone tried something once and achieved zero results it must be “worthless.” Sorry it’s had to take your post seriously when you don’t have a regimen on your profile and it shows your age at 90.

Clinical trials are far from clear at this stage on PRP very small in scale.

Maslow45

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct and they will likely will never occur. There’s no way to patent the process and no drug companies will spend the money to fully fund a PRP study. So far my limited treatment of 2 injections over a two month period have been in my opinion very positive. Shed stopped and quality of hair and density is impressive. If this continues to improve I’ll be more impressed with PRP than anything else. Two more treatments and then one annually thereafter. I’ve done my homework and was skeptical going into this, but it’s absolutely working. All I’m saying is everything else takes time to evaluate the benefits. PRP is no different and I think this process is greatly undervalued.