Prp (platelet Rich Plasma) Injections

NeedHair101

Reaction score
Hi guys,

What are your thoughts on PRP injections? Are they worth it to get? Would like to know your opinions and if there are members here that have received this type of treatment, what was your experience?

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
From what Ive seen anecdotally its seems to be slightly effective at best. Kinda like finas regrowth results are nothing praiseworthy. Im not sure how it is to prevent hair loss. I was considering it because I still have a decent amount of hair albeit I suffer from diffuse thinning. Im already on finas and minoxidil. If it could thicken my hair a bit it would be worth it. However there is no guarantee.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am seriously considering it the hair transplant Dr wanted me to get my iron up more before doing it. I have low ferritin and just want it at optimal numbers before trying PRP ACELL just in case.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
My two time experience: no result whatsoever

Crespo88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had two injections who did nothing. Just a waste of money if you ask me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I Dr i saw says he sees better results in women than men he treats...I also would not go to just 'anyone' and i would not do it with no Acell AND i would get several opinions if you are a candidate. Just my 2 cents.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW he told me that in his office but also found an article and he was quoted saying same thing. I think if men are really going 'bald' its a waste of money for them.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
PRP = scammy bullsh*t promoted by hair transplant surgeons along with laser combs. You have a MUCH better chance of getting telogen effluvium and losing half your hair from PRP injections than you do at regrowing a single new hair.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think her results are fake? i mean that would be a lot of fraud from the Show, CBS, from the shows host/ Dr herself who had it done. that would be photoshopping results...I used to work on a CBS show in art dept..It was not a media/news show it was scripted but the network is hyper about legality sh*t....so i don't think this is fake. That would be fraud...its one thing to show photos from a guest Dr that they bring there own from their office but its another to show before and after photos of a shows host. That would then be on CBS. Im not saying its not fake i just don't think they would bother nothing in it for them. I mean i guess he could have taken the photos, doctored them himself and then sent them to the show...but why would she put herself out there and commit fraud she's making a lot of money on ABC and CBS. not to mention her own practice books etc.

http://www.thedoctorstv.com/videos/hair-restoration-treatment