Prp In Clinical Studies Vs Anecdotal Reality... Why The Difference?

Only22

Reaction score
Anyone who knows how to use google scholar can find plenty of articles on PRP's efficacy in treating Androgenetic Alopecia

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09546634.2016.1179712

The one above is a meta analysis looking at all trials so far conducted and what does it conclude... PRP works in halting hair loss and thickening up thin follicles!!

Clinical trials are obviously vastly more important and reliable sources of information than anecdotal evidence for anyone looking to investigate any type of treatment for various conditions.

People on hair loss forums complaining PRP is all crap just cant be weighted against hard clinical evidence which proves it works (when done properly)

Yet I and most others who report on having PRP report it as completely useless?!

Im completely baffled as to why clinics are screwing up these procedures and producing such crappy results.

If science can produce a treatment that works under scrutiny yet when marketed commercially it turns to complete bollocks then i have even less faith in the hair loss industry than i already did!!

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you own a PRP clinic?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28296142

Local injection of PRP for androgenic alopecia might be associated with an increased number of hairs and some hair thickness improvement in the treated areas with minimal morbidity. The results of this meta-analysis should be interpreted with caution as it consists of pooling many small studies. Larger randomized studies can verify this perception.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might get it done in the Fall-I will have been on minoxidil for a full year by that time--also waiting to see if we get any information on folica from hair conference and I may save money for that instead...But I may try this--I will say this I think for most men it will not do sh*t. I think for aggressive or long term hair loss it won't do sh*t...i think it only helps people in beginning stages and I think that is why on women they tend to get better results then men...but we shall see.

Scrappy

Reaction score
Dr. Prasad in NYC has some ridiculously good pictures of his treatments of PRP and A-cell.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr. Prasad in NYC has some ridiculously good pictures of his treatments of PRP and A-cell.
Pictures are easily faked.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because reality doesn't have an agenda.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
...Im completely baffled as to why clinics are screwing up these procedures and producing such crappy results...

There are various factors in the centifuged mass that are not present throughout entire volume and only that level should be used for the delivered prp. Some doctors are either not aware of that or do not want to take the extra time to prepare it properly. This could be one element in the problem, at least the only one I'm aware of. Maybe uniform, accurate, controlled depth placement is another.