Proxiphen/Prox-n for the whole head?

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
My father and both grandfathers are NW7. I suspect without treatments I would be heading the same way.

I seem to have more or less maintained my hair for the 6 months that I have been on finasteride, but I may have to quit it soon. I don't want to give up on my hair yet, so I consider trying proxiphen or a prox-n/spironolactone combo.

I have read that you're supposed to use only about 10 drops of this stuff per application. Would that still apply if I'm prone to hair loss basically all over my head (except a small NW7 horseshoe at the back)? Or do I just up the dose? Would that lead to bad side effects or only hurt my wallet?

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Proxiphen/Prox-n for the NW7 bound

Norsk, I reckon you should apply 10 drops of Prox-n twice a day, rather than 20 drops one. Use Nizoral 3 times a week, and Nano shampoo on the Off Nizoral days. With that, and some spironolactone cream at night, you are doing well. Try 6 months at least, and you can always upgrade to Proxiphen afterwards.
Why not Propecia/Minoxidil? They are the very few things that are proven to work

Norsk

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Proxiphen/Prox-n for the NW7 bound

I think I'm developing gyno.

Jacobo

Established Member
Reaction score
That excludes propecia, but you can give a try to minoxidil.

Without propecia, spironolactone is probably the best you can do. Proxiphen prescription has spironolactone. Or you can buy Dr lee's spironolactone.
Nizoral is meant to have some antiandrogenic effect, and you have to use shampoo, anyway. Good luck