Prox-N for Diffuse Thinning

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Prox-n is way too small and concentrated for diffuse thinners like myself. Can I dilute this at all?

Any tips on how to apply this?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Prox-n? Or are you talking about Proxiphen, the cream?

Prox-n is a clear liquid thats really easy to apply, and usually last 4-6 months.

Proxiphen is a gel thats not hard to apply. The point is to have a wet scalp and put a small amount on your finger and rub it in.

I usually shake the Proxiphen vial and use whats in the cap, and then repeat once.

BoilerRoom

Established Member
Reaction score
Prox-N, which is a liquid, is the non-prescription version of proxiphen.

I need a way to spread this across my scalp easily. Is it stable in minoxidil? Can I just dilute it with water?

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
Proxiphen is a gel thats not hard to apply. The point is to have a wet scalp and put a small amount on your finger and rub it in.

Actually I think Dr.P changed the delivery agent on proxiphen to a white cream base. I never used the older version so couldn't tell you which is better.

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
BoilerRoom said:
Prox-n is way too small and concentrated for diffuse thinners like myself. Can I dilute this at all?

Any tips on how to apply this?

You do not need to apply Prox everywhere. Many diffuse thinners use it along with NANO Shampoo at least a couple of times a week.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD