Proscar & Weightlifting

ManUFan

Reaction score
I've decided to go back to the gym and start lifting weights again. I'm on proscar and want to know if there are any positive or negative things associated with weightlifting and proscar. I.e. Mass gain, I heard its harder to gain mass or muscle if your on proscar since it inhibits or lowers the testostorone needed for muscle gain. On the other side, when weightlifting does it not increase the dht in your body which in effect more will run in your scalp? I just want some info on the positives and negatives associated with Proscar and weightlifting if any. Thanks.

geo

Reaction score
o yea

dude proscar is the equivalent of d-ball melted down on anadrol... you are about to gain 50 pounds of lean mass this month.. proscar is the secret to "mr olympia"...l

latez

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: o yea

geo said:
dude proscar is the equivalent of d-ball melted down on anadrol... you are about to gain 50 pounds of lean mass this month.. proscar is the secret to "mr olympia"...l

latez

what the f***, thats bullshit

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
i suppose what he's alluding to (if thats even english) is the fact that many weightlifters take propecia ... only to offset the effect of massive doses of testosterone they're using on their hair.

geo29

Reaction score
what im alluding to is that Propecia, anodrol, d-ball, and winstol are the ultimate body growing, hair saving cocktail mate...

throw in a big-mac and you have arnold doooog.......

yea!

Pirate Commander F.B.

Established Member
Reaction score
Lifting weights temporarily raises testosterone, but that's nothing to worry about. On the other hand it lowers stress hormone levels and raises dopamine levels, which can't be a bad thing for your hair.

viperfish

Reaction score
Propecia will do nothing for weightlifters! Testosterone levels increase in the body as less testosterone is converted to dht when propecia begins to work. However, the rise in testosterone results in an increase in the production of estrogen, which is not helpful for putting on lean muscle. If anything that would make you more "soft". However things eventually even out for most users, but still you will have no advantage to putting on muscle by using finasteride.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
geo29 said:
what im alluding to is that Propecia, anodrol, d-ball, and winstol are the ultimate body growing, hair saving cocktail mate...

Just be prepared when the doctor tells you you need a liver transplant...ahhh who needs a liver when your sooo buff.

geo29

Reaction score
hummmmmm

who needs a dick if you dont get ***...

sounds like a circular argument my man...

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
Going back to the subject of the thread, nobody knows for sure yet the effect dht has on muscle strength. Testosterone is great for building big hard muscles but some of that benefit may depend on the conversion of T to DHT.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
If I can chime in with a purely subjective observation...

In the 9 weeks since changing from a bi-daily to a daily dose of dutasteride. I'm sure that I've gained muscle at a slightly faster rate and, before anyone asks, no I haven't upped my exercise regime.

Slarti