Proscar vs Fincar

b4itstoolate

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've been ordering my proscar for years from inhousepharmacy and like most other guys have been cutting it up to save cost. I'm considering switching to fincar because of the fact that it is way cheaper for the same 5 mg. dosage of finasteride.

Does anybody have any experience in this? I'd like to save some money and switch to fincar, but if I sacrifice effectiveness I would obviously rather not.

Thanks in advance.

Moony

Reaction score
I can vouch for Fincar. I've been on the stuff for 2 years and my hair has very slowly thickened up and seems to keep getting better. *knock on wood* Go for it, save some money.

Moony

Reaction score
Btw I also used inhouse, but I just switched to 4rx and saved about 55 dollars on the exact same product. If you're interested here's what I did.

I got the 180 5mg finasteride tabs for $129 to get the free shipping, then I used someone on here's referral code and that got me 20% extra pills making it 220 pills total. Mine is H72GM84T if you want to use it. You can also get 10% off the order but if you order a lot of pills like I did the 20% more is a better deal.

Then I went on the live help and asked the lady to make my order all Cipla brand which is what I always got from inhouse. I'm pretty sure that request caused a delay, so I had to wait about a month to get my order. But I still had my previous batch from inhouse so the wait didn't bother me.

I got them and they're literally the exact same pills and packaging and everything I've been getting from inhouse, so I'm really happy with that. If I got 220 Fincar from inhouse it would have cost me about $180, but I only spent $129 on 4rx. And I figure the packaging says they expire Oct 2013, so taking 1/4 a pill a day I'd run out by the time they expire, if that date even really matters. Though my cousin is a pharmacist and she's told me you can usually add 5+ years to medicine expiration dates.

If you want to stick with inhouse I totally understand since they're a good website also, but just giving you a heads up on what I did.

b4itstoolate

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info Fry.

I'll probably switch to fincar regardless if I order from 4rx or inhouse. I've never had problems when ordering from inhouse, but I did I quick check on the 4rx site and their prices are definitely lower. With the referral it would be even better..thanks for that.

Have you been on fincar all along, or were you on proscar and switched? I'm curious to see if there is any difference in the two.

Moony

Reaction score
I've been on Fincar the whole time, it's definitely real as my hair is a lot better. I'd be WAY worse off right now if I never got on it...scary to think about actually.

I've read about people that were on prescription finasteride and moved to Fincar and noticed no difference though.