proscar question please help

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
im on propecia for two months now.
i will use it for another month and then will have a serious decision to make...
continue propecia or go the cheaper proscar route.
my mind was completely made up that as soon as i had found a Doctor that will perscribe me proscar that i would start using it.
but lately i have been finding posts that say propecia helped people and then they switched and it all went to sh*t.
even hairlosstalk product review tells u that to save money u should switch and its the same thing.
but those few stpries make me think twice.
should i just stick with propecia just to be safe im doing the best possible thing...or switch to proscar?
has anybody switched to proscar and still saw the same results????
please respond....i need to come up with some sort of decision on this

Petchsky

Reaction score
Yo Dude... its the same thing! but in case you don't believe me i switched and i was fine

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride = Finasteride.

In addition, both propecia and proscar are made by the same company. Don't get distracted by all the BS.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Switched from Propecia to Proscar over the last month and not a damn thing has changed... I'm still getting awesome results :)

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Although it may be an easy decision but it's not. Propecia and Proscar is the same drug but in different dosage. You will need to found a safe Canadian drug store online that you can get proscar. But it seem like you can get it in the store with a perscriblation. So, I don't think you will have any problems with the switch. Also you just started propecia two months ago and I think most was on it for 1 to 3 years and the drug may have fade off not the switch. If you do switch I hope you get the real finasteride stuff. Good luck.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
ok everyone thanks a lot its great to get actual straight answers for once....

about gettin the real proscar...i do have a Doctor that will give me a presciption with no problem, that was hard to find, but its def the real thing...

once again thanks for the replies...helped out a lot

Becks

Reaction score
Changed from Propecia to Proscar after 10 months and took 1/4 Proscar for 8 days and my breast are burning and itching + I had diarrhea.

It's MSD Merck no Indaian stuff !

I'm going off it after 8 days and I hope my sides go away or I'm f%%ked.

I hope that when staring with Proecia again I want be total sensitive to finasteride now !

misterium

Reaction score
^ Becks: How the hell does that happen man if it's the same ingredient ?

All I've read from science is that the dosages can fluctuate in quantity with finasteride and there is NO problems with it.

I can't understand why you would get such side-effects from switching from finasteride 1mg to finasteride *any* mg.