Proscar prescriptions, how'd you get yours?

FormerEgo

Reaction score
Those of you who have Proscar prescriptions, I was curious, tell me about how you got your doctor to do it for you.

G

First of all I told my Dr about Propecia and he was suprised there was a actually a drug out there for hairloss. Then I told him to look up Proscar, exactly the same drug but at a higher dose. I told him I had done a years research and that I would cut the pill into 4 to save money.

He just wrote out the prescription right away. It all depends on if you sound like a loon when you go and see the Dr. If you can convince him know what your talking about then he should do it.

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
my derm....after going to him for three years....was a complete a**h** when i asked him for one....he actaully said others will do it and even the company might tell you its okay but "this office does not perscribe proscar"....which was ridiculous considering ive been giving him business for over 3 years.....but yea i winded up finding a regular doctor who would perscribe it to me...u gotta ask around

FormerEgo

Reaction score
I think I'll hit up my doctor soon, just be real plain about it and say that one of her co-workers told me to try Rogaine, I researched it and it looks like Proscar is the better option for a guy with a whole head of hair for the time being. I am not asking to keep it forever, 10 years would do me fairly well.

GeminiX

Reaction score
My private doctor gave me my initial prescription (Dr. Russell Reid), then my GP converts Dr. Reid's prescriptions on a shared care basis into NHS ones and off to the chemist I go.

Darren

G

GeminiX said:
My private doctor gave me my initial prescription (Dr. Russell Reid), then my GP converts Dr. Reid's prescriptions on a shared care basis into NHS ones and off to the chemist I go.

Darren

Darren, How much do you pay for your prescription propecia/proscar

cheers

Ty (also in the UK)

GeminiX

Reaction score
About £12 for a 6 month supply (About 90 pills).

Darren

ficki4

Reaction score
one question
Can we just walk in a drug store and buy proscar?
Or it is absolutely necessary for the damn pharmacist a prescription in order to give us one?