Proscar prescription advice

lazarus

Reaction score
I'm switching my prescription from Propecia to Proscar and the Doctor wrote it as 1/5 daily, which is reasonable. That is until I took it to the pharmacist who absolutely flipped out. He was going crazy about how he can't divide a pill into fifths and that the prescription was ridiculous. He was practically yelling at me. Is the pharmacist even supposed to divide those pills for me? Should I get my Doctor to omit the daily amount or what, what do you guys do?

I should also add that this same pharmacist took one look at me when I got my propecia prescription and told me I had too much expendable income and I was wasting my money. Pretty easy to say for a 50 year old man who is a NW1.

Cassin

Reaction score
What an ***.

Anyway...yeah my pharmacist wouldn't accept it either written like that wither. So my Doctor just wrote it out 1 pill daily, 5mg. He wrote out 2 refills which takes care of me for a year.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't tolerate crap like that... I would've walked out immediately, f*cking prick! (on my way out, "accidentally" knocking over a large, neatly stacked stand of tissues or disposable diapers)

I find it strange that a pharmacist could question the dosage recommended by a doctor. It's not up to them what dosage, frequency, or medication you are prescribed. The only thing they should be able to do is recommend a cheaper brand of the same thing. If you have a prescription for a certain medication, it means you've already discussed it with a doctor... who somewhat outranks a pharmacy retail clerk.