Proscar from United Pharmacies pkg'ed for which country?

combforward

Reaction score
I recently ordered Proscar from United Pharmacies (http://www.unitedpharmacies.com) and noticed that my pills appear to be manufactured in Argentina (or at least packaged for them). For those that have ordered Proscar from them... were yours from Argentina as well? I'm a little nervous since the packaging is significantly different than the ones I got from 111drugstore.com. For example, the Proscar blister packs from Thailand (111drugstore) had expiry dates that included the actual day, e.g. 26 Aug 2006. The ones I got from United Pharamcies don't...

Dice_Has_Hair

Experienced Member
Reaction score
combforward said:
I recently ordered Proscar from United Pharmacies (http://www.unitedpharmacies.com) and noticed that my pills appear to be manufactured in Argentina (or at least packaged for them). For those that have ordered Proscar from them... were yours from Argentina as well? I'm a little nervous since the packaging is significantly different than the ones I got from 111drugstore.com. For example, the Proscar blister packs from Thailand (111drugstore) had expiry dates that included the actual day, e.g. 26 Aug 2006. The ones I got from United Pharamcies don't...
Ask cornholio..............he would probably know since he orders from them. He gets dutasteride from them, but I don't know about proscar. Good Luck :)

Big Si

Reaction score
I've recently ordered finpecia (generic propecia) from United Pharmacies,
I have also seen the exact same product, by same manufacturer (cipla) and in the same box on various other sites for up to 6 times the cost.
I have read into why these generic drugs are less expensive and it basically comes down to patent and processing laws enabling the drug to be procesed slightly differently, but still containing 1mg finasteride, outside the U.S at a greatly reduced price.
I can see why the lack of info on the box would be slightly disconcerting, which is why I try to find products which are commonly, well stocked with lots of providers and then to try and find the cheapest price.
I'm not saying finpecia is the best, (its the only one I've tried) but it is well known, contains the required finasteride, and costs $45 for 100 pills at the moment.
Hope this is useful.