Proscar effect fading

tunafish

Reaction score
:( I've been using Proscar and Regain for 9 years and it worked pretty good of preventing further hair loss during those years (though not growing more hair). It's bad since half year ago, the hair started losing at fast pace. Anyone taking Proscar for long period like me having similar experience. Please share and anyway to tackle.

oni

Reaction score
try switching to dustaride :) it could give you a few more years. This could be long enough to reach a point for hair cloning to be available.

alonso100

Reaction score
Hi,

I took finasteride under the commercial name of Proscar for 5 years ... and nothing. If that drug ever worked, all it could do was to slow down the process of losing hair. I say that, because someday someone told me that I´m a fool (not with that word but made me think) for waisting my money for something that was brought no benefits nor breakthorugh.

With that comment I decided to stop inmediately my medication and noticed no difference. Hair continued to fall out at the same speed as before. The only benefit is an improvement in my economy.

Now I´m looking for something else that might help.

nobold

Reaction score
alonso100 said:
Hi,

I took finasteride under the commercial name of Proscar for 5 years ... and nothing. If that drug ever worked, all it could do was to slow down the process of losing hair. I say that, because someday someone told me that I´m a fool (not with that word but made me think) for waisting my money for something that was brought no benefits nor breakthorugh.

With that comment I decided to stop inmediately my medication and noticed no difference. Hair continued to fall out at the same speed as before. The only benefit is an improvement in my economy.

Now I´m looking for something else that might help.

How much time have passed since you stopped taking Proscar? I think the benefits of fina can be seen for a long time after stoping taking it .