Proscar dosage

DST

Reaction score
Hello,
I believe this was asked many times, but if i search for Proscar ill get 1000 results,so whats the best way to cut it, or is there a better way to take 1 mg/day?
Thank You
DST

Anthony83

Established Member
Reaction score
I took 1 mg a day and had weak erections. i took it every other day, and i am good to go! i have been doing that 2 weeks now...i just hope my hair doesnt start falling out. i am going to monitor it very closely.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Anthony83 said:
I took 1 mg a day and had weak erections. i took it every other day, and i am good to go! i have been doing that 2 weeks now...i just hope my hair doesnt start falling out. i am going to monitor it very closely.

Better monitor the sides, if the hair start falling out it good sign. I've been using 0.25 for 2 months got in shed period but also get testicular pain and numb penis:( . Thinking about taking 0.5mg twice a week, but first to get back little to normal. Already order it maca/horny goat/l-lysine. Or maybe i will be off from oral drugs like propecia if RU done the job wait plan to order the powder soon. Topical treatments sucks big time for long hair users like me

DST

Reaction score
No I was meaning the best way to quarter the pill , to get it to 1 mg.
And by the way is shedding common with finasteride?And is it a good sign, how long does the shed period last?

TY

DST

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
God i hope its a good sign because i been shedding for like a month now. Its not cool but some people say that its a sign of success and i can only hope they are right

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I use a pill cutter from the local drug store and it takes seconds. But I just cut into 1.25 sections. I doubt .25mg
extra per day is going to affect whether you get sides or not. I think the whole side effect thing is
blown way out of proportion anyway, but maybe that's becuase I've never had any.

DST

Reaction score
Can someone answer my question please,is shedding common with proscar? any experiences? and how long does the shedding period last?
DST

hiimnotcool

Reaction score
I was taking finpecia for about a year and a half, now have switched to the 5 mg. I've seen everyone mention cutting the pills. I've just been biting off a chunk each day and keep them in the package and sealed inside a sandwich bag. Is that fine?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
DST said:
Can someone answer my question please,is shedding common with proscar? any experiences? and how long does the shedding period last?
DST

Yes if you shed at the begin it's good sign that the drug works, but mostly you need several months to see the results. Small number of people are fast responders and got the results under 6 months.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know how common shedding is and I've not had a shed yet and apparently I'm one of the small number
of fast responders as I had very noticeable re-growth at 3 months. I know that many people here have
reported sheds and for some I think it lasts for a month or two. Maybe you'll get lucky and avoid them. Most
say that after a shed they get a lot of good growth.

drew100

Reaction score
I was just wonderingif anybody had any comments on varying the dosages of proscar. Since it is harder to cut at times ive been alternating the dosages from 1mg to 0.5 mg weekly. Is this safe?