Proscar and Shedding, 2 month mark..

Asadullah

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm nearing the 2 month mark and over the past few weeks, I've been shedding lots of hair.. We're talking like 50-100 in the shower alone. y hair looks alot thinner and my scalp is really starting to show.

I searched the forum but I couldn't find the answer for this.. But when is the shedding, technically on average, supposed to stop for people starting on proscar alone?

My Doctor said it's almost impossible to divide the pill into 5s and is allowing me to take them in quarters.. Yet the "initial" shedding has only been increasing day by day..

Anyone with the same experience?

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Month 7 buddy, I'm shedding 100 a day. But I don't tihnk nshedding has anytihng to do with finasteride.

Reaction score
ive not started taking finasteride yet but when you start taking it does your hair fall out more for a couple of months? what i mean is do u have increased sheddin for a period?

zedpol

Reaction score
yah i am in the same boat, month 7 and shedding like crazy. It has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I started out with finasteride 1mg, minoxidil 1% twice a day, and nizoral q3d. Had to drop the minoxidil 1% because it was irritating my scalp so much. 3 days ago i started using the minoxidil every other night which seems to be about the max my scalp can handle.

Here hoping the shedding stops one day.

Z

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Impossible to tell. Month 1, 3 and 7 seem to score highest when it comes to shedding. After 11 months on propecia i am still shedding/ continuously losing hair. Crap.

G

i shedded the whole year i was on propecia so decided to stop

Thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently started shedding. I take 1.25mg of finasteride daily. Started on 01/06/05.