proscar and min update

wrathchild

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have currently reached my 9 month mark on proscar. At about 6 months my hair loss stopped completely, I was happy for about two weeks then, my hair started shedding massively again and still is , I cant tell if it has gotten thinner or not, but what are the chances that i am going through another shedding phase similar to about three months into it , or the proscar just stopped working. The majority of hairs are dark healthy looking hairs does that mean anything. Also for those who have had success on finasteride how long does it usually work.
Also what is the ultimate prevention of flaking caused by minoxidil , mine is horrible espescially around hairline nothing has seemed to work for me, but do not want to stop using because i think that i am benefiting from it.
And finally I cant go a day with out jerking it, is it bad to at least once a day.
Any thoughts about these questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Wrath -

First off, please read the SHEDDING article in the top left corner of this page. A link to it is there.

Secondly, yes its just a cyclical shed as is normally seen on Propecia. It will pass, and your hair will thicken up again in a month or three. Stick with the daily regimen.

Thirdly, Folligen Spray, Cream, or Lotion seem to be the all time favorite for handling Rogaine flaking and irritation. Apply it 15 to 30 mins after the Rogaine and in a few days you should be loving life :)

Fourthly, I encourage you to set up your own thread in the "Tell Your Story" section of the forums (You can see it from the main page of the forums) and continually put updates on your progress into there.

HairLossTalk.com