Proscar: 6 weeks in

G

I first noticed my hairloss in my senior year of highschool and back then i was shedding hair like crazy which led to a notcible receding harline.After school hairloss sort of slowed down and it wasnt until now that i decided to do something about it.

Started on Proscar 6 weeks ago cutting the tablets into 1/4's and to my surprise ive seen thickening at both temples and about a 40% decrease in shedding,Miniature hairs on the hairline showing some promise but it may take many months or years to know for sure i guess, but overall im pleased.Im taking a multivitamin and thinking of also taking an additional Biotin supplement with a higher potency maybe 300 mcg tabs.Im not using Nizoral yet but i am shampooing 4 times a week with head and shoulders and also using an Anti-breakage vitamin b12 conditoner twice a week gently massaging it into my scalp trying to increase bloodflow =).

johnnycash

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, have you noticed any side effects? I'm waiting for my procar in the mail, worried about this gyno thing though.

KeVlaR

Reaction score
6 weeks is too early to tell if the Proscar is working for you. Hair works on a 3mo cycle - what you do today is expressed on your head 3mo from now. Best to keep a hair journal for this reason.

Also try to avoid stressing about your hair - if possible - since that stress can make things a lot worse.

KeVlaR

Reaction score
johnnycash said:
Hi there, have you noticed any side effects? I'm waiting for my procar in the mail, worried about this gyno thing though.

I have watery semen but no gyno.

G

Before i started proscar i scrutinized both my temples and the thinning areas with a magnifying glass (no joke) and now 6 weeks in i can honestly say theres some changes going on in the thinning areas.Is it to early to tell?,maybe, but in the 4 years ive been thinning my temples have never looked fuller take it from me.And no, no Gyno or any dramatic side affects except for a heightened libido and yes watery semen too but im sure this is just temporary.Thanks for the tips KeVlaR..