proscar 1.25 or 1 mg?

mtnbiker10024

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is any proven benefits or adverse effects in splitting procar into 4 ( 1.25 ) instaed of 5 ( 1mg)?

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sides could be more in the 1.25 dose...not sure though i just take 1 mg brand name propecia

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There is no real difference as far as I am aware. But cutting a proscar tablet into 4th's is easier than 5ths. I don't personally have problems with making 5ths but others may.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
mtnbiker10024 said:
does anyone know if there is any proven benefits or adverse effects in splitting procar into 4 ( 1.25 ) instaed of 5 ( 1mg)?

When I first started - I cut my proscar into 4ths - and then just took Day 5 off (only took the proscar 4 out of every 5 days). No sense in taking more than you have to.

I went off proscar for about 4+ years - and now that I've started up again I'm cutting them into 5 pieces and just taking 1 piece (1mg) every other day.

G

I used to split the Merck brand 5mg Proscar into 4, but have recently started taking Merck brand 1mg Propecia.

I feel it’s worth the extra money to duplicate the Propecia trials.

Distressed.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
whatthehell said:
how do you cut it to 5 bits using a cutter, can you sorta draw out a shape?!

Using a pill slitter - I just cut one proscar tabs into 4 pieces. Then I take the largest piece and cut that in half.

You have to play around w/ it - but it's do-able.