PropeciaHelp.com

Grmngeorg

Reaction score
I was looking for a little guidance. I have convinced myself to buy finpecia from Inhouse and start with nizoral. In doing my research, I came upon the site listed above. The side effects listed in this forum to me with propecia are tolerable for what I might gain.

But the above site lists a ton of dangerous side effects that would not be worth it to me. Are these claims real? What is the consensus?

Thanks in advance

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
They are fear mongers who post over and over under different screen names on any forum they can

He-Bat

Established Member
Reaction score
Why would they want to do that? There are even doctors that claim that finasteride CAN be dangerous for some users.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I started finasteride on May 16 2010, I have been on it since then so just over two months. It seems my shedding has stopped but no regrowth (yet). hopefully my hairline is stabilizing, I can't really tell yet.

As for side effects, I had pretty annoying ball ache the first week. Ever since then I've had kind of minor ball ache on and off but it's mostly when I think about it so I've wondered if that was in my head.

The past week I have had no ball ache at all even if I try and imagine it being there, and haven't felt a thing.

I've always had a pretty high libido and it seemed it was a little higher after taking finasteride, but I've tapered back to roughly around normal. I don't see any problems there at all.

For the record I am taking Fincar divided into 1/4ths from InHouse.

Grmngeorg

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
A side effect like ball ache is worth it, not what they are posting on that site.
Does anyone have a negative with finpecia from Inhouse? I have done some research and focused on this as my choice. Please advise

Ende

Reaction score
The people over at propeciahelp.com have all used finasteride, and they're suffering. The drug wrecked their endocrine systems. I've experienced the same, but unlike them, I believe the side effects are manageable and reversible, and I'm still using the drug. Take a look here if you're worried about side effects: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59803

yankee

Reaction score
To put things into perspective. There was recently another topic here regarding that site. One of the observations was that there were approximately 1400 members on that site. and approximately 2/3 of the members reported serious sides. So lets just say 1000 reports of serious sides.

Now, it is believed that there are more then a million users of finasteride. Maybe even 2 million. So, run the numbers. .001% reporting serious sides. While these horror stories on that site are most likely true, you have to realize that the percentages are extremely low. The millions of users without sides have nothing to report.

My advice is to stay clear of that site. I made the decision to go on finasteride 15 months ago. No sides. And I have made a conscious effort to never go to that site. Nothing good would come from it.

Ende

Reaction score
yankee said:
My advice is to stay clear of that site. I made the decision to go on finasteride 15 months ago. No sides. And I have made a conscious effort to never go to that site. Nothing good would come from it.
I agree, but the question was if what the claim is true. It is, and that should be something to take into consideration if you experience side effects.

messedup

Reaction score
I saw that site too before I started taking Propecia, with the belief that those things probably did happen, but that it was a small percentage of men and unlikely to happen to me.

Well, I took it for two weeks, quit, and over two months later, I'm suffering from a multitude of the things these guys complain about... libido problems, shrunken/narrowed dick, sagging testes, prostatitis symptoms(frequent urination, difficulty urinating, yellow semen), devastating insomnia, and constipation. All of these problems appeared or worsened after I quit the drug.

That last part is what I did not understand before taking it... My plan was to take the drug and quit at the first sign of sides, which is what I did. The problem is that, sometimes your endocrine system crashes AFTER you stop the drug and that's when all the horrific stuff starts to happen. This is how it went for many on that site. There seems to be a predisposition to this "crash" which is independent of how long you actually took the drug.

finasteride isn't something you want to mess with. Most guys get away with it, but if you're one of the unlucky few, you might regret it for the rest of your life. That being said, the long term consequences of taking this drug are not known even for those who have minimal sides, and also many of those currently on the drug who swear by it might well be a victim of the post-finasteride "crash" once they eventually stop.

As for the site's membership, it's a very depressing place because there's no real answer to the problem, or hope for many of the members. Many people register and never post, or lurk and don't register at all. There's no telling how many thousands of guys out there are going through these problems but simply don't know of the site, or don't even associate finasteride with their problems because doctors and Merck tell them there shouldn't be any sides. I try to only go over there when I absolutely need an answer about something, as it's an incredibly discouraging place.

My advice is to shave your head for a couple of months and see if you can get used to it. Go to the gym, get in shape, and see if you can't make the look work. I know it sucks to be bald, but DHT is there for a reason and your hormones are NOT something you want to mess with just to keep your hair for a few more years at most, assuming the drug works at all. You don't realize how important your health is until you've lost it.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
He-Bat said:
Why would they want to do that? There are even doctors that claim that finasteride CAN be dangerous for some users.

To get attention

Most people don't know that they started as a Yahoo group around 2002, 8 years later they have MAYBE 40 active members. Kind of strange if the side effects are so high no ?

Any person can be allergic to any drug

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yankee said:
To put things into perspective. There was recently another topic here regarding that site. One of the observations was that there were approximately 1400 members on that site. and approximately 2/3 of the members reported serious sides. So lets just say 1000 reports of serious sides.

Now, it is believed that there are more then a million users of finasteride. Maybe even 2 million. So, run the numbers. .001% reporting serious sides. While these horror stories on that site are most likely true, you have to realize that the percentages are extremely low. The millions of users without sides have nothing to report.

Check how many of those members have made more than 40 posts, most signup and leave

1400 members and they have been around since 2003, most are not even active. Think about it.

Ende

Reaction score
I thought I never would say this, but I really hope you get to experience this sh*t first hand. Some recover on their own, some recover with the help from doctors, some probably learn to live with it, some have committed suicide, and the rest are struggling, so F...

barcafan

Reaction score
Enden said:
I thought I never would say this, but I really hope you get to experience this sh*t first hand. Some recover on their own, some recover with the help from doctors, some probably learn to live with it, some have committed suicide, and the rest are struggling, so F...

Not only that, i hope he experiences it and everyone belittles him (including doctors) and tell him hes depressed and or crazy. It's the only justice, really.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Enden said:

Not only that, i hope he experiences it and everyone belittles him (including doctors) and tell him hes depressed and or crazy. It's the only justice, really.

14 years, not one side, keep hoping a**h**

messedup

Reaction score
I should also stress that the only sides I really had while I was actually ON finasteride were poor sleep(frequent awakenings, inability to get back to sleep), testicular pain, and decreased libido, but it was enough to get me to quit.

All of the other stuff started to appear AFTER I got off the drug. Not all at once... like I said, it seems something new starts happening every week. At first it was just my sleep and urination problems getting worse, along with some constipation. My penis didn't change until about 6 weeks off, when my libido suddenly crashed to nothing. Now the skin has this inelastic, rubbery feel and the whole thing looks stretched out and narrowed when flaccid. It's still about the same size when erect thankfully, but it's a real chore to get it up now.

Also though I had been suffering from mild frequent urination/difficulty starting the stream pretty much ever since I stopped, two weeks ago it suddenly flared up like crazy and I'm going constantly, but I have to stand over the toilet 20-30 seconds straining just to get the stream started. I basically have all the symptoms of prostatitis now. My urologist is baffled. He checked my prostate and confirmed that it is enlarged, but there's no infection and he has no clue of what to do but throw antibiotics at it.

It seems that some guys are just predisposed to having their system go haywire once they go off this drug. I've even seen some cases on the propeciahelp site where guys took the stuff for years, stopped, and were fine, then went back on it for a short period, quit a second time, and then all hell broke loose.

The point is that your endocrine system is a fragile thing, and messing with it in any way, even with a short course of finasteride, leaves you at risk. I understand the overwhelming desire to keep your hair at all costs, as it was the same thing that led me to finasteride after reading all the horror stories. But if there's one thing I can say finasteride most definitely cured me of, it's my lust for hair. I would trade every hair on my head for even half of these side effects to be gone.

messedup

Reaction score
I don't doubt that there are pharmaceutical reps going to sites like this and trying to pump up their drugs. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few of the "recovery" stories on propeciahelp aren't simply drug reps, seeing as how many of them are from posters who are posting for the first time.

I do think though that there are a lot of men out there who desperately want this drug to work for them and don't want to hear word one about the potential consequences, so they strike out against anyone who might discourage the drug's use. These sorts of people exist for many drugs... not just finasteride.

barcafan

Reaction score
messedup said:
I don't doubt that there are pharmaceutical reps going to sites like this and trying to pump up their drugs. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few of the "recovery" stories on propeciahelp aren't simply drug reps, seeing as how many of them are from posters who are posting for the first time.

I do think though that there are a lot of men out there who desperately want this drug to work for them and don't want to hear word one about the potential consequences, so they strike out against anyone who might discourage the drug's use. These sorts of people exist for many drugs... not just finasteride.

There's merck shills around here, for sure.

'Finfighter' is one of the more obvious ones.

Cassin

Reaction score
first off...HT55 is definitely an a**h**. I'm even arguing with him and I can count on one hand the number people I have argued with since I have been here.

I want to again state that you should always be cautious of a biased site that goes for any direction for anything. After that I am going to sort of defend propeciahelp.com here....

I want to point out that they have no ads. If the owner, Mew, had ads linking drugs to help combat Finastereride I would be highly suspect of them.

Mew has never spammed positive threads by bashing propecia that I recall. He will answer questions but won't doom & gloom threads unless invited.

People who have any problems with a drug seek out such sites so yeah, all of the members will be having side effects. It makes the numbers look skewed.

Some people who claim side effects are insane and are ridiculous. So you will read some crazy stories. Some people aren't mentally able to take a drug that has the possibility of a side effect. We once had a guy having a panic attack 1 hour after taking propecia claiming he was blind...yet he was posting a message. Think about that.

The number of people who claim side effects who get finasteride from a dr and pharmacy are incredibly lower than those who get garbage online. Who knows what they are taking...with the stories we read about bogus drugs from China what are people thinking buying crap online??

And lastly, some people really do get side effects so its great some sane knowledgeable users can help them but I question the person who claims problems but won't also go to a Dr.