Propeciahelp.com, Claims finasteride can cause permanent ED?

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
timbo said:
Food for thought. By some estimates, 1 in 10 men will experience some form of erectile dysfunction in their life. Millions of men around the world use Propecia. It seems very likely that these numbers would overlap at some point. Men who are destined for ED problems start taking Propecia for their hair-loss, and viola! You have a case of finasteride-induced, permanent sexual dysfunction. Sound plausible?

very :bravo:

barcafan

Reaction score
timbo said:
Food for thought. By some estimates, 1 in 10 men will experience some form of erectile dysfunction in their life. Millions of men around the world use Propecia. It seems very likely that these numbers would overlap at some point. Men who are destined for ED problems start taking Propecia for their hair-loss, and viola! You have a case of finasteride-induced, permanent sexual dysfunction. Sound plausible?

It does, but its worriesome that there's quite abit of these people are under 30 years old... Which is very rare for 'natural' ED, and some of these problems occur within weeks of finasteride. Although possible overlap -- Very unlikely.

im not here to necessarily bash propecia, since many drugs have possible side effects. But when people say its 'all in your head' its pretty annoying.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I definitely believe that finasteride causes E.D. in some men, and perhaps permanent problems in an even smaller bunch. But it is important to remember that every drug has risks, and when compared to other medications, it is very safe imo.

Also, Erection problems in 1 in 10 men is a conservative estimate. Other doctors that I've talked to, including my GP, seem to think E.D. is much more common. I've been told that around half of men over the age of 50 have sexual problems.

Cassin

Reaction score
barcafan said:
im not here to necessarily bash propecia, since many drugs have possible side effects. But when people say its 'all in your head' its pretty annoying.

IMO it depends on what their talking about.

Some people pop finasteride once and claim some crazy stuff. Smaller nose, lost 50% of their hair, balls shrank, blind....etc

But when someone claims problems over a period of time, the normal stuff then sure it can be legit. I always tell people to get their drugs from a dr and have visits...self medicating from some random website and self diagnosis possible serious problems from reading crap online is a terrible way to treat yourself.

Nene

Reaction score
Cassin said:
barcafan said:

IMO it depends on what their talking about.

Some people pop finasteride once and claim some crazy stuff. Smaller nose, lost 50% of their hair, balls shrank, blind....etc

But when someone claims problems over a period of time, the normal stuff then sure it can be legit. I always tell people to get their drugs from a dr and have visits...self medicating from some random website and self diagnosis possible serious problems from reading crap online is a terrible way to treat yourself.
:agree:

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
the general trend of this website =

people on finasteride themselves = defend it. in most cases.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
DHT is needed for good erections. There's no way that blocking this hormone can help you have sex.

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Fanjeera said:
DHT is needed for good erections. There's no way that blocking this hormone can help you have sex.

clearly it is not needed in all men since most do fine on it.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Fender89 said:
the general trend of this website =

people on finasteride themselves = defend it. in most cases.
If your not having problems why wouldn't you?!
Why don't you answer pm's?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Sorry if I'm on my iPhone I can't tell if I get pms sometimes.

Oh, ok no problem.

Gemery

Reaction score
Nene said:
This whole thing is very tricky. I mean, on the one hand, if someone says finasteride gave them permanent ED, you can't completely rule that out of the realm of possibility. Surely messing with chemicals that regulate your sexual organs can possibly cause some ED or other sexual dysfunction, maybe even long term. That being said, there are people who don't have 5AR naturally and as far as I know they don't have any issues with erections. From my personal experience, I've been on finasteride 10 months and can still achieve an erection. I'd say they aren't quite as strong but still good enough. I'm pretty confident that it won't give me ED and that if it did my body would recover. I think that a lot of these people with the serious sides might've had some underlying problems already and maybe the finasteride exacerbated it. I"m also sure that a good number of them are hypochondriacs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha-re ... deficiency

"...usually appear to have female primary sex characteristics. As a consequence, they are often raised as girls and may develop a female gender identity."

Sure they don't have any issues with erections, cause they don't have penises to have the erections with.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Gemery said:
Nene said:
This whole thing is very tricky. I mean, on the one hand, if someone says finasteride gave them permanent ED, you can't completely rule that out of the realm of possibility. Surely messing with chemicals that regulate your sexual organs can possibly cause some ED or other sexual dysfunction, maybe even long term. That being said, there are people who don't have 5AR naturally and as far as I know they don't have any issues with erections. From my personal experience, I've been on finasteride 10 months and can still achieve an erection. I'd say they aren't quite as strong but still good enough. I'm pretty confident that it won't give me ED and that if it did my body would recover. I think that a lot of these people with the serious sides might've had some underlying problems already and maybe the finasteride exacerbated it. I"m also sure that a good number of them are hypochondriacs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha-re ... deficiency

"...usually appear to have female primary sex characteristics. As a consequence, they are often raised as girls and may develop a female gender identity."

Sure they don't have any issues with erections, cause they don't have penises to have the erections with.

Gemery, do a little research on the Dominican pseudo-hermaphrodites, maybe outside of wikipedia? You might find out how ignorant you're sounding, and how these 5ar2 deficient people are born with the physical appearance of a girl, and turn into men at the onset of adolescence.

Gemery

Reaction score
timbo said:
Gemery, do a little research on the Dominican pseudo-hermaphrodites, maybe outside of wikipedia? You might find out how ignorant you're sounding, and how these 5ar2 deficient people are born with the physical appearance of a girl, and turn into men at the onset of adolescence.

well, as wikipedia says:

"At puberty, individuals often have primary amenorrhoea, and may experience virilization. This may include descending of the testes, hirsutism (facial/body hair considered normal in males - not to be confused with hypertrichosis), deepening of the voice, and enlargement of the clitoris."

Obviously the condition varies, but nowhere it says these individuals develop into "normal" men (at least not usually).

I checked other sources as well and found the same info.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Gemery said:
well, as wikipedia says:

This might be problem #1.

Gemery said:
"At puberty, individuals often have primary amenorrhoea, and may experience virilization. This may include descending of the testes, hirsutism (facial/body hair considered normal in males - not to be confused with hypertrichosis), deepening of the voice, and enlargement of the clitoris."

Obviously the condition varies, but nowhere it says these individuals develop into "normal" men (at least not usually).

Problem #2- Wikipedia doesn't even have a page on the pseudo-hermaphrodites that were discovered in the Dominican Republic. These people specifically are strikingly similar to a normal male that has taken finasteride his entire life.

Gemery said:
I checked other sources as well and found the same info.

Did it really take you a month to do that?