Propecia

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Sting, the 80mg version must be taken about 4 times a day, in order to catch up the the regular 160mg x2 daily dose. Thats okay, it just means more pill poppin fo tha hair loss stoppin!

XL

Stingray

Reaction score
Yea, It's all my walmart had. Oh well, was only like 8 or 9 bucks. And they go down real easy..will last about 2 months. Will post about how they're affecting me in 2 weeks. oh please oh please oh please.

Goin full force too...1mg propecia, 320mg saw palmetto a day....gonna have a full head of hair, 0 body hair, and C cups by summer time...woo wooo!

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
And C cups by summer time...woo wooo!

Speaking of tits, where's Mr. Telo? Hey T! Where you at homie!?

X

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen said:
Hey what's up?

I saw you were missing in action for a little bit there and was worried. 8)

XL

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Quit finasteride on 18th.Lotta pain.Not doing too well dude.New Endo is running bunch of tests. Glad to see you are still kicking the hairloss ***.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
damn, sorry Telo. I hope its nothing serious.

take care of your health first, then you can think about resuming a male pattern baldness regimen.

if all else fails, you can just do topical DHT inhibitors like spironolactone and azelaic acid :D

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
vortex72 said:
damn, sorry Telo. I hope its nothing serious.

take care of your health first, then you can think about resuming a male pattern baldness regimen.

if all else fails, you can just do topical DHT inhibitors like spironolactone and azelaic acid :D

That's what I'm talking about jigga. Hey Telo, we don't need Propecia to kick male pattern baldness's ***. We can do this with just topicals dude.

Get better Telo.

VoRteX

Established Member
Reaction score
mchair,

now that you mention it, I finally sent my "patient form" to Dr. Lee so I can buy some sh*t off his site.

I think I'm going to get a bottle of Xandrox with the Azelaic and RetinA along with either spironolactone cream or spironolactone 2%. I think the 2% will be best for me since I'm a diffuse thinner. Dr. Lee's stuff is good from what I've heard but its expensive so I'll only be rotating those topicals with regular minoxidil every other day.

I think if i decide I like spironolactone, I'll end up making my own since its very cheap to make

gnight.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen said:
Quit finasteride on 18th.Lotta pain.Not doing too well dude.New Endo is running bunch of tests. Glad to see you are still kicking the hairloss ***.

It's okay T, I have done it before on Saw Palmetto only. (Our little secret.) And to be honest with you, I'll take advantage of this little bit of Bacardi that's in me to tell you that I could quit the 0.5mg finasteride that I'm doing right now in total confidence that the cessation of loss I'm experiencing would not be affected at all. (HairLossTalk.com I expect your disagreement, so fire away. This is only my personal experience and only refers to shedding and overall quality and feel of hair.) I can swear by god since I did Avacor in October through November and had the same results I am having now. (Avacor's leading ingredient in their 'Nutri Cap' is SP.) So if you want, try it. It'll only set you back 8 bucks at most for a month and a half's supply. Hope you get better...

Always the best of boys,

Eks

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
XL said:
It's okay T, I have done it before on Saw Palmetto only. (Our little secret.) And to be honest with you, I'll take advantage of this little bit of Bacardi that's in me to tell you that I could quit the 0.5mg finasteride that I'm doing right now in total confidence that the cessation of loss I'm experiencing would not be affected at all.
Results seen on Propecia can literally take up to a year to begin to reverse. I was on it for 3 years and it took a full 12 months before I saw any change in my hair status. Keep that in mind. Even Merck admits it can take a year for things to return to normal. For those 12 months I thought "Hey maybe i wasnt losing my hair after all!". If i had gone on SP that entire time I would have said "Wow SP works as good as Propecia!". :)

XL said:
Avacor's leading ingredient in their 'Nutri Cap' is Saw Palmetto
Avacor's leading ingredient overall is Minoxidil, so this probably isn't a good analogy. Its also been revealed as one of the biggest frauds in snake oil history on 20/20 a few months ago.

If you want to quit Propecia, it is suggested that you at least use treatments to replace it that do what it does. SP showed results in the Prostate but not a single legit study has shown results with hair.

Your only alternatives are unproven DHT inhibitors (Revivogen or Crinagen) / Receptor Blockers (Topical spironolactone), but they are a much more intelligent alternative than Saw Palmetto for replacing Propecia. No doubt. And if you really want to have SP, then no worries. You get it in Revivogen anyways, who readily admit its only in there for marketing purposes, because even they know it does nothing for hair. :roll:

I am still currently replacing Propecia with Revivogen and Topical spironolactone Lotion 5%.

HairLossTalk.com

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
vortex72 said:
mchair,

now that you mention it, I finally sent my "patient form" to Dr. Lee so I can buy some sh*t off his site.

I think I'm going to get a bottle of Xandrox with the Azelaic and RetinA along with either spironolactone cream or spironolactone 2%. I think the 2% will be best for me since I'm a diffuse thinner. Dr. Lee's stuff is good from what I've heard but its expensive so I'll only be rotating those topicals with regular minoxidil every other day.

I think if i decide I like spironolactone, I'll end up making my own since its very cheap to make

gnight.

I like Lee's 5% spironolactone. It is a cream, but very easy to apply. It does smell a bit, but someone told me the 2% is even worse as far as the smell is concerned. Actually, I like the smell of the 5% cream. :D I just don't know if other people will. :( I'm sure some cologne will cover it up though. If not, I'll just stick to night-time applications.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com said:
XL said:
Avacor's leading ingredient in their 'Nutri Cap' is Saw Palmetto
Avacor's leading ingredient overall is Minoxidil, so this probably isn't a good analogy. Its also been revealed as one of the biggest frauds in snake oil history on 20/20 a few months ago.

HairLossTalk.com, not in any defense but for clarification purposes, Avacor is a 3 part treatment that consists of a DHT-Blocking 'NutriCap', 'Detoxifying Shampoo', and 'Topical Formulation'. When I said leading ingredient being SP, I was referring to the pills (That's why I mentioned: "In their NutriCap", not the topical formulation.) I know that there are other ingredients in the pills such as horsetail, ginkgo biloba, and ginseng that may contribute to vitality, but would do nothing for hair loss, if anything compensate for the loss of libido that SP would cause if any. SP's influence on hair however, has yet to be fully researched.

Please don't miss-interpret my opinion gentlemen. I am not making a claim that suggests everybody to go off Propecia and on SP. I am simply stating an opinion on how I think SP has had a positive effect on me personally. You may add it to your regimen, but I wouldn't recommend swapping the two around until further studies are performed showing conclusive evidence that Saw Palmetto indeed works for saving your hair. As for Avacor being an overall snake oil scam, I couldn't agree with you more completely. Thanks for understanding HairLossTalk.com.

XL

Urbanite

Reaction score
interesting stuff fellas

i gotta say it's interesting to see what different folks gotta put up with in regards to hairloss..dang

but, i am posting to say i am close to being done w/propecia. I WILL say that in the 9 months & 3 days that i've been taking it, no hair has fallen out, but nothing has grown in. NADA.

Soooooooo im TRYING to be patient to see if at the 12 month mark i have any significant regrowth to the point where i can acutally let my hair gorw in enough so i don't have to shave it every damn day so it looks normal.

If not, then screw it, i'm not taking it anymore and letting all my dang hair fall the hell out. i look fine with a bald head, i just would MUCH RATHER have hair(....besides, these damn pills put like 7-9 lbs on me that i didn't have when i started)

so that's my rant :!: 8O :D

G

Im going to see a doctor (regular GP) on Thursday regarding getting a prescription for propecia and I have a few questions...

1) After getting prescribed for the drug, should I order off the internet? or do I have to go via the chemist?

2) Where is the cheapest/most reliable place/site to get propecia - Considering I live in the UK.

3) Is it best to try it for a year? What results should I expect if I use it for 1 year. I'm thinning on top a bit, but can still style my hair using a centre parting, but it's getting way way too thin.

4) Are their any *important* questions I should ask the doctor? For all those with experience, what do you suggest.

5) What's your opinion on Toppik - is it any good?

6) Do you regard propecia a must? What if the (maybe clueless) doctor tries to tell me otherwise. I'm certain it is male pattern baldness, meanign propecia is the answer, no? etc.

7) How much does a H/T cost these days? To anyone living in England..

thanks to all....

BaldyBill

Reaction score
Urbanite,
Out of interest, how old are you ? How bad is your hairloss ?
Do you take the std. 1mg Propecia ? Do you use anything else.

I've kinda formed the opinion that if you don't respond to Propecia.
then you don't tend to suffer the side effects, but you say you've gained
weight - any other s/effects ?

Would you consider upping the dose ?

BB.

Urbanite

Reaction score
BB..
I'm 29

i have all my hair, but...i have my 'forelock', it's full like the rest of my head. BEHIND that, kinda like the shape of a slice of melon the hair is so thin that if i grow it in for even two or 3 days, it's still scarce & you can see my scalp. the top of my head is thinning but it's not too bad yet. All i've been taking is 1mg Propecia faithfully for now 9 mos & 4 days. i use some shampoo, nizoral or something, (i forgot now) also.

so all that to say nothing's changed one bit. except i've gotten bouts of acne on my grill & head. *boo*
and i've gained weight. i play bball regularly. i've practice martial arts & box occasionally. i work out semi-regularly. and i've STILL gained some weight.~wack~(i didn't weigh this much b4 i started this stuff)

now mind you, i'm not FAT, just not quite as fit as i should be considering my activity level. I would not mind the weight if it meant hair that was uniform in density.

but like i said, NOTHING has grown in. yet. so i am waiting patiently for the 1 year mark. if it hasn't improved then i'm quitting and letting nature take it's course.

i didn't want to take this stuff in the 1st place. i don't even take aspirin when i have a headache. i ususally take a nap, so no, i would never up the dose. i wouldn't care if it gave me a lion's mane. i guess this just might not work for me.

p.s. --had some sexual side effects when i 1st started but everything was OK after a couple of weeks.
hope that helps :idea:

BaldyBill

Reaction score
Urbanite - thanks for the post.
Pardon me for saying, but it kinda sounds like you’ve come to terms with the balding thing. Some people look good with the shaved look, and you sound pretty athletic too, even though you describe yourself as not being as fit as you should be.
I, like you, hate taking pills even headache pills, so the effects of Propecia are a big concern.
Why don’t you try some of the topicals ?
Anyway, best of luck and hope you see some results soon …
Cheers,
BB.

Deano

Reaction score
Splitting proscar- Reduce its effectivness?

Does splitting proscar, decrease its effectivness?
I.E the pill being exposed to the air, does it reduce its effectivness?
I splitt the pills into 5's. that means the remain peices are exposed to the air for 2,3,4,and finally the last peice 5 days.

chuckfrasher

Reaction score
Re: Splitting proscar- Reduce its effectivness?

Deano said:
Does splitting proscar, decrease its effectivness?
I.E the pill being exposed to the air, does it reduce its effectivness?
I splitt the pills into 5's. that means the remain peices are exposed to the air for 2,3,4,and finally the last peice 5 days.

If you split up a month's worth at a time, it will not go bad. I use to bite off a chip at a time--not very accurate but convenient.