Propecia

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen said:
Well sometime we could email pics of each other so we can identify with a person better with a visual.

"You know seriously though, I am getting really tired of correcting people's ignorance. Read some studies people and do some actual research."
Well yeah Ralphy but people come to this site because they are ignorant of the facts.If they weren't not many would be here.You do not have to answer them.

How long you been hitting the weights? One of those lucky gainers hu?

I have been lifting for over eight years now and I am turning 21 in March...so I guess you could say all my life.

RalphyWiggum

Established Member
Reaction score
MrTelogen said:
I wish I'd never stopped.I would be in kick-as shape by now had I not blown it. Never quit.

Well, I understand your plight! The older I get the harder it is to stay enthused about lifting. OTOH, I'll be damned if I lose what I've worked so hard to obtain.

Jim

Reaction score
Hello,
Im new on here so please forgive my hideously uninformed and naive questions.
I saw an advert for Propecia in a magazine and on this it specifically stated that it is not proven to stop a reeceding hairline.This is very rarely mentioned on this site or on any posts. I found this odd for a number of reasons. First the sheer logistical implications. Does this mean that the hair could receed and then stop at a certain point (where bizarely propecia will start to work)? Thus should we all expect a Richard E Grant type hairline before anything works?
I only bring this up because people talk of Propecia as the treatment that lets you keep what youve got (if it works at all this is).So I just find it odd that it stated in an ad that it dosent help you maintain hair where a great deal of people want to.Anyway IM being repetitive.
So basically, is this true? and what can one expect if this option is taken?
sincere regards to all.

moptop

Reaction score
The clinical trials did not prove that Propecia increased frontal hair but I have a forward movement of my hairline whilst using it but it is the most difficult area. So although I wouldn't expect miracles, if like me you are one of the people who get 'significant regrowth' you will probably get some regrowth at the front.

G

Generic Propecia

Finasteride (Generic Propecia)
1mg tablets. Brand Name: Finax®, manufactured by Dr. Reddys®. Product is equivalent to Propecia®, manufactured by MSD®. Quantity Choice? Price Finasteride 20 x 1mg Tablets $12.40 Finasteride 40 x 1mg Tablets $19.40 Finasteride 60 x 1mg Tablets $26.40

Anyone purchase generic propecia at these prices?

Brucelee

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
where's that from BruceLee...which site? i have bought Dr. Reddy's 5mg Finast from medicinedrugstore.com, but didn't see a 1mg version there

Jim

Reaction score
Im not overly concerned with regrowth on the hairline front I was just wondering how Propecia performed on the maintanance side(if the hairline intially petty strong).
Also in theory if Propecia was used with a regrowing remedy like Rogaine, then once (if) the amount of hair that you want to grow back has-Am I right in thinking the Rogaine could be dropped as the Propecia will maintain this along with the other hair (again in theory)?
any feedback would be much appreciated.

Nelson

Reaction score
Finasteride for cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

The price for "generic" Propecia on that web site is outstanding.
$26.40 for 60 x 1mg. Has anyone ordered from this site?
Is it reliable?
Do you need a prescription?

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride (Generic Propecia)
1mg tablets. Brand Name: Finax®, manufactured by Dr. Reddys®. Product is equivalent to Propecia®, manufactured by MSD®.
Quantity Choice? Price
Finasteride 20 x 1mg Tablets $12.40
Finasteride 40 x 1mg Tablets $19.40
Finasteride 60 x 1mg Tablets $26.40

This sounds too good to be true.With me anyway I do not trust such a good deal.How do we know that the proper amount of drug is in the tabs?How do we know what is in them?

G

I have purchased another product from them and it was fine. I am not pushing them, simply informing. The generic price is usually much lower than brand/legend but of course, shipping adds a bit too.

Brucelee

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
well, shipping's only an extra $3.50 anyway by the looks of things, so its hardly putting a lot on at all....despite its solid reputation, i would still not 100% put my faith in a generic internal, especially such an important one...rather i prefer to spread the cost and take MSD Propecia one day, then 1mg Finx or 5mg Finast the next, and just alternate like that...so you still save some money yet have 100% peace of mind that at the very least every other day you are getting brand name tested medicine and so if the generics do turn out to be powdered rhinoceros poo then it's not the end of the world :p

G

Troy,

All points well made. However, I did use their generic v**** and it works just fine. Cant fake that! Well women can but not us guys.

Brucelee

Troymaclure

Established Member
Reaction score
i getcha ;) i'll tell you what though Bruce, since taking Arginine i have experienced a fairly significant "increase" if you know what i mean which i'm sure you do - the last few days i've been amazed, it's stretching out & staying out, my g/f actually asked if i had takern v**** as a joke and i just laughed he he but seriously if you're paying money for even the generic stuff maybe try the magic Arginine....?

i have to say i'm very tempted to completely drop MSD brand finasteride and put my faith completely in the generics, cos the prices are incredible!

G

Troy,

I combine arginine, b-5 and choline with the v****. Oh boy, good thing I workout!

Brucelee

MrTelogen

Established Member
Reaction score
Before Arginine I thought I had a good sex drive.Now I have a better one so there is either one hell of a kick-*** Placebo affect going on or it works.

I'm tempted as hell to buy the cheep finasteride but I would feel better if someone would buy some and have it tested.If you do I will give you one year free access to HairLossTalk.com!! :p