Propecia - Why did you stop?

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a quick question.

I've been on finasteride for over a year now and I haven't see any stabalising of my hair loss. I see in many users signitures they have stopped using the stuff.

What were your main reasons for quitting?

Cheers

Kareltje

Reaction score
- barely any effect on me (after 14+ months), read: none but I probably would have thinned more rapidly without propecia.
- bit scared after reading all the negative side effects that people were experiencing
- my side effects: more toilet breaks that's it, later on I found that my sexual drive had gone down or my penis shrunk it's hard to explain but my penis has gotten bigger since I am off propecia lol.
- not being controlled by these pills anymore, I always hated it when I accidentaly missed taking a pill. Now I can go away for a couple of days without having to worry about taking these pills

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I must admit my pee breaks are more frequent.
I think my sex drive fluctuates in all honesty, as does sensation. Sometimes I swear it feels like I've got beer in my dick. :lol:

I've been thinking about stopping because my hair hasn't maintained particually well and I'd rather have a bit more blood in my shorts than my head tbh. I'm going to finish this course and see where my hair is at. What negative effects have you heard about?

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Two months with finasteride 0.25 some days 0.50mg, got testicular pain and my penis got numb even when i masturbate. In order hand i've started to shed with was good sign that the drug worked on me. But i had to quit it, after i stoped the testicular pain is gone.