Propecia weight gain

houstonian

Reaction score
I eat healthy and workout 5 days out of the week. I have gain some weight ,not the good kind of muscle but fat. Ever since I have been taking propecia I feel like my metabolism has decrease and I'm always weak or tired. Every time I go to the gym and lift weights, after 30 minutes i get tired easily before I could last couple of hours. My pecs has always had a nice shape but now its kind of pointy shape form like my nipples is sticking out more,thinking im getting gyno. I'm not sure if i should stop , has anybody experience this from finasteride?

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude I have and I effin hate it. I hardly eat anymore and run like 30 miles a week to keep all this fat off of me. Like some days I feel so tired that it makes it such a drag to work out.

houstonian

Reaction score
Thanks for the response man, I thought i was the only one. All i know if start seeing flabs over my body and breastestis definetly going to shave my head and fcuk finasteride. Dude is that you in the pic? I cant even tell if you have hairloss

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
Makes me tired yes it does. I am a gym rat myself i don’t do cardio at all just 100 meter sprint every three weeks or so to time myself. i will say that i gained some weight but not that much to bother me... i always drink a mix of black and green tea (Tazo is the best give it a try) before i hit the gym on an empty stomach it makes me like a beast in the gym plus my bench have been always on the rise. I will say that I don’t look as though as I did before I started finasteride I kinda have a softer look maybe its water retention maybe less testosterone I don’t know…I took SP long time ago for 3 months I gained a lot of weight felt wired had a really softer look and I could not left as hard as I use to but after I stopped it I felt more aggressive…

Now after finasteride I feel the same but way much less than felt on SP….so the right word to describe here is that now I am less aggressive with finasteride, and I don’t know maybe its all in our heads….i have started finasteride last April, its been 6 months and I still shed like a cat in winter but I will stick with it and see what happen….

muaythai187

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been lifting weights for 10 years and ever since I started finasteride i have gain some extra fat. I workout 5 times a week including weight lifting and cardio, as far for my diet its strictly a lot of protein and vegetables. I have been doing the 5x5 weight lifting routine and im getting tired so easily. It seems like I don't have the energy as I use to. I'm still losing hair and going to ride out for about 6 months . Also my sexual drive has decrease as well. If I dont at least maintain by 6 month I'm going to stop.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
mu0325 said:
Makes me tired yes it does. I am a gym rat myself i don’t do cardio at all just 100 meter sprint every three weeks or so to time myself. i will say that i gained some weight but not that much to bother me... i always drink a mix of black and green tea (Tazo is the best give it a try) before i hit the gym on an empty stomach it makes me like a beast in the gym plus my bench have been always on the rise. I will say that I don’t look as though as I did before I started finasteride I kinda have a softer look maybe its water retention maybe less testosterone I don’t know…I took SP long time ago for 3 months I gained a lot of weight felt wired had a really softer look and I could not left as hard as I use to but after I stopped it I felt more aggressive…

Now after finasteride I feel the same but way much less than felt on SP….so the right word to describe here is that now I am less aggressive with finasteride, and I don’t know maybe its all in our heads….i have started finasteride last April, its been 6 months and I still shed like a cat in winter but I will stick with it and see what happen….

finasteride does not decrease your testosterone man

Pondle

Reaction score
RaginDemon is absolutely right, finasteride will tend to increase your testosterone levels by around 10-20%.

A lot of guys seem to think that they are getting gyno from using finasteride, but in reality the incidence is something like 1 in 300, and - apparently - more prevalent in overweight men who already have higher estrogen levels.

Other guys report tiredness; again, in the clinical trials of Proscar fatigue and asthenia occured at the same level in the placebo and treatment groups.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
psycological thinking plays a big part of it.

I am sure some will experience side effects, but I honestly dont think finasteride will be responsible for gyno and all that. Just my 0.02