Propecia Vs Proscar Vs Finax Vs Finpecia

davex

Reaction score
Hi

I have been taking various forms of finasteride over the years starting with proscar back in the 90s split into 4 and then started using cipla fincar from india split into 4 and more recently over the last 18 months finax from dr reddy sourced from India

I am about to order some more and was researching what to go for - i see many conflicting views of fake india finasteride and it not being as effective as propecia and it's hard to understand what to get

I think I would prefer to have propecia but due to cost am thinking of one of the above named ones

Should I go for proscar from uk split into 4 or fincar (5mg finasteride) from India split into 4 or finax or finpecia which are both 1mg finasteride from India so the same as propecia

Any specific feedback from people on here based on latest use and does anyone have blood results showing dht levels before and after these brands or aware of any other tests on these ?

I can probably get proscar on prescription in the uk but having read that finax is FDA approved for USA I would have thought this is just as good as propecia

Also are the drugs bought locally from India the same as the export version

Any advice appreciated as don't want to go down one route and then have to change

Thanks in advance

davex

Reaction score
Any views on this from anyone?

I think I am going to go with finax by dr reddy from India it seems to have good reviews although some say its efficacy is not as good as propecia

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know the specifics of the types/brands you mention, however as long as you're getting the correct dose of the drug you are after (finasteride), then it makes no difference what-so-ever.

I have used multiple generic brands in the past (never used Propecia) and I have not noticed a single difference in results. finasteride helped my hair a decent amount and has, thus far, maintained the results. I have been on finasteride 3+ years.

davex

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply

I would agree that any 1mg finasteride should be ok but have heard that when people go from propecia to finasteride they can sometimes have issues and differing results

Anyway looks like cipla and dr reddy finasteride from India should be ok as most of their facilities are inspected by the FDA anyway for export purposes

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have tried the generic called finpecia for the first time in 2005.. had intense sides... so i guess that should be fine