propecia vs proscar again

fifty

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this has probably been asked before but....when you divide proscar into quarters or fifths, how do you know what dose of finasteride you're getting? The proscar pill contains 5milligrams of finasteride and probably about 995milligrams of something else (filler). So wouldn't you probably end up getting finasteride doses like:

0mg- day1
0mg- day2
0mg- day3
0mg- day4
5mg- day5

Someone convince me that the finasteride isn't locked in one small portion of the pill.

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
i have wondered this myself since it specifically says on the box "do not cut or break the pill. i honestly can't say.

G

that's a really good question and kinda scared the sh*t outta me b/c i am on proscar and would be pretty pissed if that was the case. i have a buddy who's a pharmacy major so i asked him. they said that the ingredients for a specific pill, along with the "filler", are mixed and then cealed and molded into the pill. i am assuming this means that the finasteride is spread out throughout the actual pill. plus, many people using proscar have experienced success so i wouldn't worry about it.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm certain the finasteride is distributed evenly throuought the pill. Still you may very well get .8 one day and 1.2 another. But the law of averages applys; fins effects are slow enough that you will get the same results.

I'm assuming it advises against cutting the pill because A; that would mean youre using it against its intended purpose (and therefore cutting into Propecia profits), and B; cutting it creates finasteride dust, which is a potential hazard to fetuses.