Propecia User- Since 2007 To Current

helix

Reaction score
2009.jpg
2018.jpg
2009.jpg 2018.jpg I thought I would come back an give my Propecia experience.

Setup-
Maternal Grandfather bald by 45
Mom's sister' son (my cousin) bald by 45
My hair started falling out slowly at 23
By 35 the pace of loss began to quicken
Found this forum in 2007 and got a some helpful advice (Thank you to those that share their knowledge). Started using Propecia and quit within a few days due to mental anguish on the side effects.
After reading more posts, I started again a couple months later with a clear head. I have taken 1mg per day (not many missed) since 2007 and have had no side effects. I just take my pill everyday at 5pm and shampoo with Nizoral. Nothing else. And yes, hair falls out in the shower.
I believe the treatment has done a great job of significantly slowing my hairloss. At age 49, I believe I will have hair well into my 50's.

My suggestion to any young person that is experiencing early hair loss is to try Propecia. The earlier the treatment the better. I believe the reward far outweigh the risk. Don't overthink it or obsess. Take a picture day 1 and then take another after a year. Track your results yearly (not by day).

I get my prescriptions from www.medicalwellnesscenter.com and finasteride from Costco. Over 10 plus years I have never had an issue getting my prescriptions.

Wish everyone the best-
Helix

And I'll update this post in a couple years with a new picture.

jazz1

Reaction score
Hey I use the medical wellnes Center for topical 15% Minoxidil finesteride formula. Great company and thanks for sharing your success story.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you show us the hairline? Otherwise your hair looks perfect, especially for someone your age.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I use the medical wellnes Center for topical 15% Minoxidil finesteride formula. Great company and thanks for sharing your success story.
How long have you been on it? I just got a prescription for oral finasteride.