Propecia Twins, what happen to them?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know much of you heard of Perry and Terry, the Propecia twins. The first time I heard of Propecia, I saw a commerical of the two talking about Propecia. Which one use Propecia and the other let nature do it course. At the time I didn't have a hair loss, so I didn't really care. Now I it's been sometime that I have not been seeing any commerical of Propecia. Would like to know if there is any update on the twins and if Perry the one that is using Propecia. Still have the hair which Propecia help him keep it? I know they stop running commerical on the drug for now. So is there information that I can found about the twins update on hairloss. I know a lot of you guys would like to know too.

misterium

Reaction score
It is kinda strange how they don't have Propecia commercials on tv anymore.

But they have all sorts of other crap, from allergies to herpes.

I don't get it.

Perry & Terry .. that's the lamest twin names ever! I'm sure they're fake names.

I'd like to see the progress too.

de Gaulle

Reaction score
I'd also be interesting to know if their situation has improved or not since the one year anniversary of being on Propecia, which was probably 5 years ago or more?

Anyone knows where to get that information? I am curious...

de Gaulle.

helpmefindmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I too am really curious as to why they've stopped running propecia commercials. Jesus, I hear ads for avacor about 3 times a day.

Personally, I think the reason they've stopped running commercials is because finasteride is a sh*t product for hair loss.

I'm taking it and I'm not going to stop anytime soon but only because there's nothing better. That doesn't mean finasteride is a great product though.

AND THOSE TWINS!!! I knew finasteride was a sh*t product once I received that propecia material in the mail. I mean, let's think about this. Merck is trying to sell their product. The info they send in the mail is basically an ad campaign. So naturally they're going to seek out the best example of success with propecia and...it's those twins??????? I mean, even the one on propecia has a shitty head of hair. Finasteride sucks. How much longer until we get a product that really takes care of hair loss? And I mean one that restores our hair to what it was like when we were 16.

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
Help I dont think thats the reason it isnt advertised usually drugs are advertised when there first released..Look v**** I dont see commercials anymore for that neither but Does that mean it doesnt work?..do u feel propecia has helped u?

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying Propecia does not work over time. I don't think they stop showing those commerical because Propecia is not working for Perry anymore. I just would like an update on them. They may have stop it because people already know about the drug.

misterium

Reaction score
True.

Why should Merck continue ads when most people who need Propecia, can find it if they simply "ask about hairloss".

Propecia is something to be trusted, I think it's gonna work well for me. I'm not even on month 2 yet.

jason566

Established Member
Reaction score
If I recall the twins already had extensive hairloss so there regrowth would be minimal being propecia works best for people in the early stages of hairloss.
Ive seen some pics of people on propecia and minoxidil have had alot more regrowth ..but maybe they were used since there twins..Im not sure..

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
ACT10Npack said:
I know much of you heard of Perry and Terry, the Propecia twins. The first time I heard of Propecia, I saw a commerical of the two talking about Propecia. Which one use Propecia and the other let nature do it course. At the time I didn't have a hair loss, so I didn't really care. Now I it's been sometime that I have not been seeing any commerical of Propecia. Would like to know if there is any update on the twins and if Perry the one that is using Propecia. Still have the hair which Propecia help him keep it? I know they stop running commerical on the drug for now. So is there information that I can found about the twins update on hairloss. I know a lot of you guys would like to know too.

its a Ad, it has nothing to do with real life, they might both be using propecia or maybe nether is ,or maybe they both using rogaine
maybe the ad shows the truth, but i doubt it
truth has never been a important part of a commerical.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Another reason why they don't do the ads anymore is due to the dissapointing propecia sales... they only received half of what they expected/wanted back on sales as the side effects put alot of men off using it... also the reason why Avodart did not go to phase 3 trails, because it was projected the profit would not be worth while. For a drug to be sold by Merck etc they have to have projected profits of over 500 million, otherwise they don't bother with it....even if it is a drug which could help people with rare diseases.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
also the reason why Avodart did not go to phase 3 trails, because it was projected the profit would not be worth while.

Is that a theory of yours or did you hear/read that somewhere? I thought it was a mystery of sorts. I think a lot of people speculated that the side effect numbers were too high to be worth it. Of course that doesn't contradict your statement, as that would probably be the main reason for low sales. I was wondering if that was the current word on why dutasteride never finished phase III.

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried contacting Merk about the twins? I went on the site but could not find an e-mail address. I will try and give them a call when I have some spare time this week. I think it would be good to see how they respond, Merk that is.

Tony

terrylee

Reaction score
wow...13 years later, it's Terry

Yes, Terry and Perry are our names. The commercial was real. It did stop hair loss, though there was a lot gone when we started. We did NOT have side affects. Our self esteem is not based on our hair loss. I found this thread and read with curiosity the comments. Neither of us are taking it now.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Sexual sides is a good way to drive men away from buying it so thats a big part of propecia sales not being that good. A lot of men also realize long term hormone altering might not be a great idea health wise too. I think CB 03 01 if it all turns out and marketed correcting could sell big time and with that drive male pattern baldness treatment forward.

terrylee

Reaction score
during the test in 2000; Perry had the real deal. It did stop hair loss, however, we should have gotten on it earlier in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

it did stop the hair loss while we were on it