Propecia twice a week?

Old Baldy

Reaction score
An hair transplant doctor on another site stated three times a week should be effective. He suggested monday, wednesday and friday. (This was at the 1mg to 1.25mg dosages.)

He said, the new androgen receptors would take a couple of days, at least, to be "grown" by our bodies. So, three times a week "should be very effective" according to that hair transplant doctor. (Makes sense to me from reading up on this stuff over the years.)

Can't remember the name but he is a respected hair transplant doctor.

Bryan's commented on this dosing stuff for a long time. Maybe he'll chime in because he has a better memory than I do.

Do a search on finasteride dosing and see what you come up with. This type of stuff has been discussed many times here.

FWIW, if it was me, I'd do the finasteride. three times a week. (I take dutasteride twice a week. Not just for hair loss but to also guard against prostate cancer, which runs in my family. I figure with the half-life of dutasteride., at that dosage, it probably keeps an effective amount in my body? But doesn't "overdo" it?)

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Wong says EOD, and their is another respected hair transplant Doctor that says the same, I just forget the name. IHRS i think have tested the hypotheses and for what I remember they concluded that it was nearly as effective, at least in on the short term basis.

But I guess it comes down to how aggressive hairloss you have. 0.5mg ED haven't worked for me, and I maybe think it is because Im young and rapidly thinning.

Would be nice if mastermind Bryan commented.

Edit: The other docs name was Dr. Jerry Cooley. He says that he often tells patients to take it m/w/f.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan would probably just copy and paste something proctor said.Thanks guys.

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have heard previously that using it every day for 6 months and then cutting down to twice weekly will be very effective.I am planning to cut down to using 0.5mg twice weekly in another month when i hit my 6 month mark of using 0.25mg a day.

T

Timi

The mean plasma elimination half-life of finasteride is 4.8—6 hours (range, 3—16 hours); however, the turnover rate for the type II 5alpha-reductase enzyme complex is slow, with a turnover half-life of approximately 30 days.

A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days, longer than would be expected from the serum terminal elimination half-life (t/2z) of the drug : this is probably due to the high affinity that finasteride has for the 5a-reductase enzyme.

Timi

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Timi said:
The mean plasma elimination half-life of finasteride is 4.8—6 hours (range, 3—16 hours); however, the turnover rate for the type II 5alpha-reductase enzyme complex is slow, with a turnover half-life of approximately 30 days.

A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days, longer than would be expected from the serum terminal elimination half-life (t/2z) of the drug : this is probably due to the high affinity that finasteride has for the 5a-reductase enzyme.

Timi

Good post Timi.So once every four days is all that is needed.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Timi said:
A single dose of finasteride suppresses serum DHT levels for up to 4 days...

Actually, Timi, it can take 1-2 weeks for DHT levels to get back to normal.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't see why do u want to low the dose, because of the sides or economical reason. I've been using 0.25mg every day and i still get sides :( two weeks i'm off finasteride the testicular pain is gone.

Bryan what are your prediction about good dht blocker on the market much more safer than the ones that we have.

amsch

Reaction score
kento said:
Don't see why do u want to low the dose, because of the sides or economical reason. I've been using 0.25mg every day and i still get sides :( two weeks i'm off finasteride the testicular pain is gone.

Bryan what are your prediction about good dht blocker on the market much more safer than the ones that we have.
Everything that blocks DHT can you give side effects =/

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
amsch said:
kento said:

Everything that blocks DHT can you give side effects =/

Topical DHT blocker is the answer i guess, for example about RU i've never read bad stories about the sides from it. Also topical spironolactone can't give you sides like taking in oral. Not telling that they are more effective but i guess we need blocker that can do the same job as finasteride but without sides.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't belive that smaller or reduced dose will keep you away from the sides. Got sides at 0.25 every day

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
kento said:
I don't belive that smaller or reduced dose will keep you away from the sides. Got sides at 0.25 every day
Just because you did,Does not mean everyone else will.

amsch

Reaction score
Toyboy said:
kento said:

Toyboy said:
revivogen stopped my hairloss while propecia only slowed it down while destroying my libido
Source: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43811&p=413141&hilit=revivogen+stopped+hairloss+slowed#p413141

As 1mg seems to have "destroyed" your libido, i'm pretty sure 0,25 will at least "harm" it.

You're pretty pathetic, toyboy. If revivogen works so well for you, than why "destroy your libido" ? :(

Toyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
amsch said:
Toyboy said:
kento said:

Toyboy said:
revivogen stopped my hairloss while propecia only slowed it down while destroying my libido
Source: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=43811&p=413141&hilit=revivogen+stopped+hairloss+slowed#p413141

As 1mg seems to have "destroyed" your libido, i'm pretty sure 0,25 will at least "harm" it.

You're pretty pathetic, toyboy. If revivogen works so well for you, than why "destroy your libido" ? :(
Dude what is your problem? Why do you keep starting trouble in every post? You seem like a very insecure guy....Is it because nothing works for you? Seriously.

amsch

Reaction score
Toyboy said:

You're pretty pathetic, toyboy. If revivogen works so well for you, than why "destroy your libido" ? :([/quote] Dude what is your problem? Why do you keep starting trouble in every post? You seem like a very insecure guy....Is it because nothing works for you? Seriously.[/quote]

With the last post i wanted to show that you're the insecure one... But whatever, dude.