Propecia time question

Jonnybb

Reaction score
Hello everyone...a question about Propecia.

I have been reading about people screwing around and taking doses at the wrong time. I take mine every morning as soon as I wake up. On weekday, it's between 7:45 and 9 AM. On weekends, it's between 9AM and 11AM. Is this bad or are these times close enough to where it won't matter? Thanks.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
People skip a day now and then with no real negative effect, so shifting dosage a few hours or so is certainly not a problem.

jeffsss

Reaction score
probabaly doesnt matter too much..

but with any hormone altering drugs... you should be fairly consistant.

Britannia

Reaction score
Dinzy said:
People skip a day now and then with no real negative effect, so shifting dosage a few hours or so is certainly not a problem.

Skipping a day now and then is a BIG mistake. You increase your chance of getting sides and reduce the chance of any maitainence or refrowth. Simply varying the time you take it each day by a fre hours shouldnt matter though.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Skipping a day now and then is a BIG mistake. You increase your chance of getting sides and reduce the chance of any maitainence or refrowth. Simply varying the time you take it each day by a fre hours shouldnt matter though.

Sorry but your talking rubbish, missing one dose or a does every so often will not make a huge difference at all. Yeah frequently missing doses will be a big mistake but not every so often, so stop the scare mungering.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Bert said:
Britannia said:

Sorry but your talking rubbish, missing one dose or a does every so often will not make a huge difference at all. Yeah frequently missing doses will be a big mistake but not every so often, so stop the scare mungering.

Britannia is just urging for consistency. This is not bad. I personally find the looseness of "it's ok if I skip a dose now or then" combined with the assurance of recent results a bit dangerous.

People tend to forget where they are coming from.

Britannia

Reaction score
A regeime without discipline is a useless one.
And dont acuse me of scare mongering. Im one of the coolest, level headed posters around.

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
All i'm saying is its ok to miss a dose. It even says so on the propecia site. Like I said before i'm just saying people shouldn't worry too much if they miss a dose, but obviously frequently missing is not gunna do you any good.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys mention consistency, is EOD consistent enough? Or is that already too much variation? People mention about EOD being effective, but how bout sides? It may work as far as hair growth but is it advisable if one is experiencing sides, as far as the body adjusting?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some people take finasteride only once every two or three or four days anyway (Spencer Kobren is an example of that), so why would anyone warn of dire consequences from skipping a day every now and then accidentally? :wink:

Bryan